ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RIP my RB? Please help! Video

So, cruising along at fast motorway speed, dashboard lights up like a Christmas tree, loss of power and a change of tone of the engine.

Car doesn't start, have to be towed home. Now it doesn't start properly, attempt before this got it idling for a few seconds until conked out.

Any ideas on what could resolve this? Previously there was a bit of a whir from the engine bay at low speed turning, engine light came on every now and then.

Thank you for any help, very appreciated.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
have you checked if the cambelt has snapped? turn the drivers wheel to right and look behind the plastic cover that clips to the support bar.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
have you checked if the cambelt has snapped? turn the drivers wheel to right and look behind the plastic cover that clips to the support bar.

Cambelt is still intact for it to do this - it just may have jumped, stretched.

Now - how long before the motorway was it you put fuel in?

Cambelt is still intact for it to do this - it just may have jumped, stretched.

Now - how long before the motorway was it you put fuel in?

Thanks. I'll check the belt this afternoon.

It definitely had plenty of fuel in, half a tank or so, and seemed that the guage had been accurate recently.

Cheers for the help guys

182 clio
Crankshaft sensor.
Mines cut out when the plug for it was faulty. Wiggled the plug it came back to life so cleaned contacts etc refitted and Bob's you're uncle.

Crankshaft sensor.
Mines cut out when the plug for it was faulty. Wiggled the plug it came back to life so cleaned contacts etc refitted and Bob's you're uncle.

Good to hear, will give it a try. It failed whilst driving along though, not just sat there, if thats got anything to do with it!

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Were the belts done recently and who by? Check the alternator belt is still in place and not wrapped itself around the cambelt!

Were the belts done recently and who by?

Belts look fine to be honest, I've had a poke around there and they do look new and feel tight. So not too sure what is causing the issue. Most likely selling the car on to someone who fancies getting stuck in!

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Belts look fine to be honest, I've had a poke around there and they do look new and feel tight. So not too sure what is causing the issue. Most likely selling the car on to someone who fancies getting stuck in!
If its slipped then itll be bent valves unfortunately. Check out the alternator belt, and again...when were the belts done and by who?