ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rivets / bolts for side skirts

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Hi All,

I took my side skirts off a while back to give everything a good clean. I had read that an m6 bolt would fix them back in place so ordered some and they are too big.
Can anyone please tell me/ link me something that will 100% allow me to fix them back on. Either bolds or rivets, im not bothered but need to be correct so anyone with experience of this please share what you used.
Could also do withthe little bolts that fix the arch liner to the skirts / under liner securing point too. (Not the plastic grommets, i have already replaced those)

many thanks in advance,
A

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Hi All,

I took my side skirts off a while back to give everything a good clean. I had read that an m6 bolt would fix them back in place so ordered some and they are too big.
Can anyone please tell me/ link me something that will 100% allow me to fix them back on. Either bolds or rivets, im not bothered but need to be correct so anyone with experience of this please share what you used.
Could also do withthe little bolts that fix the arch liner to the skirts / under liner securing point too. (Not the plastic grommets, i have already replaced those)

many thanks in advance,
A
You wanting the ones that run along the underside? I drilled out the holes to take M5 rivnuts. I documented it on my thread if you want to take a nosey

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I used 4.8mm x 14mm pop rivet with a 16mm flange and they were spot on.
I put 4.8mm washers on the other side of the rivet so they gripped well.

Last edited:

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
I used 4.8mm x 14mm pop rivet with a 16mm flange and they were spot on.
I put 4.8mm washers on the other side of the rivet so they gripped well.

thanks mate. Have just ordered both and a rivet gun. When you say you put the washers on the other side, do you mean on the back of the sill?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
thanks mate. Have just ordered both and a rivet gun. When you say you put the washers on the other side, do you mean on the back of the sill?
Yeah on the back of the sill just to make sure they gripped tight.

Eddie555

ClioSport Club Member
  Q7 2018 & 172 Cup.
I drilled out the body holes and fitted M6 rivet nuts then used stainless M6 button heads.. Same for the wheel arch liners..

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk