ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Road Angel 2 in Argos

ex Clio 172 owner :(

Id be tempted to buy one of these but for work, I park in a public car park and would have to keep removing it.

Then I know itd become a faff and forget to set it up each time.

The one time Id get flashed itd be sitting in the boot.

Thing is, if I had bought one when I got my 172, the increase in insurance premium due to me getting 3 points for speeding was greater than the £60 FPN and the £300 hike in insurance. :mad:

Quote: Originally posted by Chris1.4RT on 23 March 2005

Id be tempted to buy one of these but for work, I park in a public car park and would have to keep removing it.

Then I know itd become a faff and forget to set it up each time.

The one time Id get flashed itd be sitting in the boot.
One plug on the RA2.. power cable.

Quote: Originally posted by scotte666 on 23 March 2005

at crimbo halfords were selling them for £200
They were the classic version, I think.. to sell them off as the RA2 came out.

renault clio 182 cup

Has anyone got a road angel 2 and is it any good as ive got a snooper g5 which is prone to false alerts.as im thinking of getting one and at that price it sounds even more tempting.

I have one.

No False Alerts.. goes off when it should etc.. and when it says a Blackspot, you can usually see why (bad bend with lots of markings etc..).

Never had a laser alert go off.

i got one, its good when its working, but im now on my 3rd unit now, as the first two have been faulty ??, not too chuffed with the build quality of the ra2

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

Please note that this product, once activated, will be excluded from our 16-Day Money Back Guarantee. This does not affect your statutory rights.

I checked with argos and apparently u do not get the 6months free usage.
You have to buy a subscription from RA.

Please check before purchasing.

53 plate 172

£99 for a 3 yr sub means only £430 total. Just been looking on ebay, £235 with 6 months sub, whats the catch?

went and got one from halfords today, told them how much argos are selling them for.so they reduced them now from £400 to £329.99. Just need an ariel as it wont work.

Quote: Originally posted by 182_blue on 24 March 2005

the one at argos has 6 months subs.. in fact all ra2s come with free subs
i did look up !!!, my mate has just bought one from argos, and his has 6 months subs, i thought they all left blackspot with 6 months free, it used to be a year on ra 1

53 plate 172

sorry mate, can I ask wher you got yours from. I like the idea of paying £200ish on ebay but not so sure !!

I have a £10 voucher for Argos so thats down to £320 !

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

Odd - argos have 2 different ones in

Thaught i wud actually pop in and check the ones in my local store (coventry)

checked both stores and neither of them had the 6months free written on them

They come in a similar box to retail but minus any written advertising the 6months free - you do geta letter about paying for subscription tho?

I thaught they wud come with free subs tbh

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

Oh and any from ebay will most likely not be from an Authorised RA Reseller - so beware as you have no warranty

I work in argos and i think it will be the case that you do get the 6 months free subs, but argos personally wont deal with or provide you with this they will give u details or there will b details in the box of how to get the 6 months free.

yeh mate bought his from argos, i dont think that said you got 6 months either, but he registered it online and got 6 months ??, not sure whats going on there then?

53 plate 172

Thanks to Has for his comment re not having a warranty from Ebay. I shall steer clear now !!

Not too concerned whether Argos has the 6 months subs or not as all it means is I would have to pay £99 for 3 years subs now rather than in 6 months time.

Been looking at some authorised seller websites and some have price promises. I wonder if they would beat Argos !??!

renault clio 182 cup

halfords are also doing it for £329.99 which does include 6 months subscription.i am going to get one tomorrow.:D