ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Road Angel etc. GPS antenna

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but on my new 182 (delivered today), theres a clear square section on the windscreen, in the centre at the bottom, exactly where I planned on siting my Road Angel. Ive seen posted in various places that you need the add-on antenna to put on the rear shelf supports, as the UV screen prevents the Road Angel from getting a lock on the satelllites.

However, I can report that my RA2 picks up full strength with no external antenna, so maybe this is something new.

BTW, Im talking about a clear (untinted) rectangular section at the bottom of the screen, not the "dotted" section behind the mirror.

PS Anyone want an unused external antenna (5m cable)?

[Edited by nhalliday on 13 May 2005 at 5:25pm]

106 GTi

Mine also worked fine there, but the laser detector wouldnt see over the wipers, I have the feeling this was the case for most people.

Its a bit temporamental (sp) as to whether it works mate...

The only ones that I fit that have worked perfectly are ones with a seperate gps reciever put under that square coz they have a lot more space to work with to see the sky whereas the all in ones like the road angel 2s dont...

i have a cyclops in mine and it used to lose signal here n there so i got an external reciever and taken it to the back and now it works perfectly....

Interesting - Ive only driven the car for about an hour so far, and the RA2 has rarely dipped below the maximum 4 bars. Ill keep an eye on it though...

Quote: Originally posted by r-jay on 13 May 2005

Mine also worked fine there, but the laser detector wouldnt see over the wipers, I have the feeling this was the case for most people.
Thats the reason I bought an external antenna. Will get a gps signal without it but as r-jay says the laser detector is blocked by the wipers.