ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Road Angel Antenna

Focus ST
I know about the windscreen square in the centre, but I can't get the road angel to get a signal. I've even held it outside first, then brought it into the car. I've tried different positions, everything.

I know that you can get a external antenna, but don't want it outside the car.

So the question is:

- Can the radio aerial be used to get a signal??
- How have other people wired the external antenna?

Thanks in advance....:D

106 GTi
Mine was hit a miss in the centre windscreen square. You need the additonal attenna, this does not mean it needs to be outside the car. The 3 meter one can be put under the wiper scuttle panel, or in the rear quarter light window. Myself - a 5 meter one on the ledge next to the parcel shelf through the rear window.

106 GTi
ra-2.jpg

RenaultSport clio 182
Gweebs said:
I know about the windscreen square in the centre, but I can't get the road angel to get a signal. I've even held it outside first, then brought it into the car. I've tried different positions, everything.

I know that you can get a external antenna, but don't want it outside the car.

So the question is:

- Can the radio aerial be used to get a signal??
- How have other people wired the external antenna?

Thanks in advance....:D
my road angel works fine i have it by the square i dont need an external antenna , have you tried leaving it there for a few mins so it has time to pick up a signal ? the first time i put mine there it took about 10 mins before it oicked up a signal now it just works a few seconds after beig turned on .

Focus ST
rob1226 said:
my road angel works fine i have it by the square i dont need an external antenna , have you tried leaving it there for a few mins so it has time to pick up a signal ? the first time i put mine there it took about 10 mins before it oicked up a signal now it just works a few seconds after beig turned on .

Yeah tried that. I left it plugged in for 30 minutes, nothing.

Mounting the antenna on the back shelf looks promising.

Focus ST
Rich, how you hidden the cable??

Under the carpet??
Was it a big/pain in the arse job??

106 GTi
Mine was fine some days in the screen other days never ever would find signal, and always feel out of signal on the move. To get it to work it was almost on the dash meaning the Laser sensor would be no use either.

10 min job to fit - cable is pushed behind the dash in the gap between the screen and dashboard with a credit card, then down the side of the dash, (hardly visable) then put behind the door rubber all the way down and along the sill, under the flap of plastic on the floor by the rear quarter panel trim into the boot. The Antenna is then Zip iied onto the plastic trim.

To do this you need to ask Blackspot for the 5m cable, 3m is sent be default but will only reach the rear quarter light glass. 5m is the same price.

No fitted start up is instant most days, no signal loss on the move, works aswell as it did in non UV screen cars.

307 diesel & 1.2 TCE Clio
I have placed mine on the roof, just behind the Aerial.

I then ran the wire through the boot seal, under the roof lining, down the A piller and along the dash into the RA.

Ant