ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Road Angel with Reflective Windscreen

BMW 320d SE
Has anyone on here got a Road Angel in their Clio, with a Heat Reflective windscreen?
I know I need the extra GPS aerial, which I've bought, but I still can't get a good signal.
Has anyone with one of these got any tips?
At the moment, I've got the aerial in the windscreen below that clear square patch at the bottom of the screen in the middle.

Clio 172mk2
the gps arial coud do with been at the rear next to the parcel shelf, thats where ive seen others mount them.

also if its got radar detecter could do with external one in front grill

106 GTi
Mine RA2 worked ok at time there at times, but others not, but was to low down for the laser detector to clear the wipers. It also dropped signal alot on the move and took a while to pick up satelittes at start up. Ended up getting the additional attenena from blackspot. Ran the cable down the dash, sill, rear quarter and placed it on the ledge next to the parcel shelf. ( You need to ask them for the 5 metre one to do this). Works 100% at all times now and as well as it did in my 205 GTI which a normal glass screen.

ra-2.jpg

BMW 320d SE
Brilliant! Thanks for the pic as well. I've got the RA2, but I've already received the 2m aerial the other day. At the moment, with the aerial in that small square, I'm getting exactly the symptoms you described.
Right I'm going to give it a go when I get home methinks! If it doesn't work there, or doesn't reach there, then I'll have to find a way of installing it outside the car!

106 GTi
With the shorter one you may be able able to mount it in the rear quarter window area. I was sent the 3m one first even though 5m one by mistake at first and it reached that far.

Ford Fiesta
as r jay said thats where mine is. I had the 2 metre one but couldnt get decent signal, wire just too short to mount it anywhere decent enough. Ask them for the 5 metre one, same price anyway.

Liam

106 GTi
Liam182 said:
as r jay said thats where mine is. I had the 2 metre one but couldnt get decent signal, wire just too short to mount it anywhere decent enough. Ask them for the 5 metre one, same price anyway.

Liam

It was on this mans advice I mounted mine where I did. You need to speak to Blackspot about the 5m as it is not listed on there site. Saying that I phoned and ordered a 5m one but still got sent the 2m one! They sorted it easily enough after a phone call though.

Ford Fiesta
r-jay said:
It was on this mans advice I mounted mine where I did. You need to speak to Blackspot about the 5m as it is not listed on there site. Saying that I phoned and ordered a 5m one but still got sent the 2m one! They sorted it easily enough after a phone call though.

aye, it was after a lot of messing around that I found this spot for it. It's the best place as its out of the way and you cant see the wire.

And it means its still high enough to "look" over the wipers for those pesky laser beams...

Tesla MP3 2021
my road angel works underneath the little square in the windscreen.once you've got it in the right place its great(after about 2mins to get its signal).but also ive got a navman which i needed to get a seperate gps aerial for.ive place mine in the left side rear quater window...it works great....

307 diesel & 1.2 TCE Clio
I have mounted my aerial on the actual roof, just behind the radio aerial. Its magnetic, discreat and its nice and secure. i have just run the wire through the seal in the boot lid, through the roof lining down the A-pillar to the dash.

BMW 320d SE
Antz182 said:
I have mounted my aerial on the actual roof, just behind the radio aerial. Its magnetic, discreat and its nice and secure. i have just run the wire through the seal in the boot lid, through the roof lining down the A-pillar to the dash.
Yeah I tried this first, but only having the 2m cable meant this was a no go. I read the instructions last night, and it mentioned attaching the aerial, with a sticky pad, to the windscreen at the top in the area near the mirror, where the screen is all dotted. Anyone reckon this might work?

106 GTi
On Peugeots there dont have the cut out that Renaults have, my friends snopper works up there on his 306, so it may be worth trying it, could be the same?

Clio 182
Antz182 said:

Same as, Works a treat for me :)

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..
not yet ordered the extra ariel but i spoke to blackspot and they reckon you will get a signal if it is mounted behind your rearview mirror, but the parcel shelf looks tidiest, as long as it works eh

BMW 320d SE
Well I phoned up and got the 5m aerial in the end, and I've run it to the parcel shelf and it works ok now - would still like it on the roof though!

106 GTi
haitch said:
not yet ordered the extra ariel but i spoke to blackspot and they reckon you will get a signal if it is mounted behind your rearview mirror, but the parcel shelf looks tidiest, as long as it works eh

Works fine on the shelf as well as it used to with the unit standalone in my old no hear reflective screened car.

RenaultSport clio 182
I have the older style Road Angel and it works fine in the front screen in front of the clear square centre, bottom. The reason I have not upgraded to the latest version is due to the reports on several forums regarding issues with reception.

BMW M3
I originally had mine on the window self next to the rear head rest but then decided to hard wire the RA in, running all the wires behind the dash. I put the external ariel under the plastic thats between the bottom of the windscreen and the top of the bonnet and works 100% there, plus you cant see it.

RS 200
When I have my SatNav installed they put the gps receiver under the bit of black plastice between the windscreen and the bonnet.

I also have an Origin B2 installed but instead of going to the hassle of getting all the bits off and going through to the engine to put it in the same place as the satnav one I run it from the drivers footwell, under the door rubbers, under the plastic door card thingy with the speaker in, in the rear, into the boot area and on to the plastic shelf at the side of the parcel, exactly the same place as in the picture above.

Chris