ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

road angel

going to buy one today. i have a ford focus company car with a normal windscreen which i use in the week. i use my mk2 172 at the weekends, do i have to buy the extra aerial or does it work ok in the little sqaure at the bottom of the screen.

cheers paul

NickM5c

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M5 Audi TT

It seems to be a case of finding the right spot under the little square on the windscreen. I had mine working there perfectly (it locked on to the signal within seconds) then i moved it and now it takes a couple of minutes, other times it wont work at all. It really is hit and miss.

You get better results with an external aerial, the reason being is that the screen on the 172s are coated with Anti-UV, Ive ordered one but am using the un coated bit of screen just above the gear advisor sticker, move it so it uses about half the aerial then you can still get the signals from behind (the CD / clock display blocks the signal from the back).

Good luck with trying to get updates at the weekend!

ICE'dberg MK2 172

The bit what pisses me off is that it even works when its sitting on the seat next to me when in my Vectra!!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

get a much better unit like the origin b2, road angel is getting old now, get summit with good hardware and better database than the road angel uses.

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by MaLicE on 08 March 2004

get a much better unit like the origin b2, road angel is getting old now, get summit with good hardware and better database than the road angel uses.
I spoke to a guy who reviews radar detectors while at the Autosport show. He said they are both as good as each other, its just down to how many extra features you want and the portability of the unit.

The B2 is harder to move from car to car but has loads of features, most of which some of us will never use, but at the end of the day they both have very good databases and decent laser cover.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

except the b2 comes with the internal or external gps antenna, the road angel database is good, but not as good as the origin, i have used both and the road angel i hate 1 for its looks and 2 i know of 2 speed cameras near me that the road angel wont pick up, but the b2 will, for not alot more you can buy a seperate docking station etc, and stick it in a diff car, or on a motorbike.

the road angel is old, the b2 is new, seeing as they are similar in price, tbh i think you would be very silly to buy somthing that is old tech....

^^^^^^^^^^

My Road angel picked up its first lazer toting w*nker on Saturday driving Westbound on M4 around Swansea way. Luckyily I wasnt driving excessivly fast;)