ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

road salt vs alloy wheels!

what can i use to protect my new alloys? dont want the road salt to eat em! it has snowed really heavily tonight so the roads are gonna be caked in salt tomora

Skoda Fabia vRS

Zymol Wheel Coat............it actually does work, especially after 2 or 3 treatments

just had to scrub mine with a toothbrush! Did the trick though.

Is that Zymol stuff also used to clean them? Ive used wonderwheels before, flicked it in my eye and nearly blinded myelf! :sick:

Skoda Fabia vRS

nah, i use Meguairs Wheel Cleaner, then once the wheels are dry i give them a mist with the Wheel Coat

Turtle wax do a spray called alloy protector, have to buy the cleaner with it too though which isnt very good..

-Rob

Clio Williams No123

Even if you just apply a couple of coats of regular car body wax to your alloys, youll get a good amount of protection.

Erm, Salt + Alloys.. dont think my alloys know what clean is anymore.

Not cleaned the car for ages, haha. Got about 200 layers of salt on it.

Ditto, i use to keep my car so clean, cleaned it once week, now its cold and ive been doing other thigns, hasnt been cleaned for about 2 weeks