ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Roadkill

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Been looking forward to it all week.

I know i'm late to the party but i've recently got into Mighty Car Mods,
i'm halfway though season 2, although the Aussie car scene
seems to be 20 years behind the rest of the world,
it's all massive body kits, boot installs and chrome wheels,
it's like being back in the 90's.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
I say it every month, but I can't believe they're allowed to drive down the freeway in cars like this.

Last edited by a moderator:

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Best episode ever!

Not only is it 46 minutes long rather than the normal 20,
but they bring out the General Mayhem Charger again, by far the best sounding car in the universe ever!

Last edited by a moderator:
Datsun is mint. Until it died.

I feel like I should have to pay to watch this stuff, given the quality and length of the episodes - 46 minutes ffs!

brilliant.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Chris Harris is pay to view, whereas this is totally free!

I know which i'd rather watch,
I wonder why they're not doing Hot Rod Unlimited this year?

Monaro VXR

Chris Harris while informative is just so dull. No way I would pay to watch his videos.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3

Sponsorship is key.

Theres no doubt Scoob paid for this video. Then you have the Dickies sponsorship.

Then look at Hot Rod garage. Sponsors, sponsors, sponsors. DRIVE doesnt.

I've got everyone in work watching Roadkill. Tis awesome. Yet to watch the new vid.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
I don't get why the Drive network have gone the pay to view route,
I used to watch all their vids, now I don't watch any,
whereas Finnegan and Freiburger mentioning sponsors and the brand names
of the parts they're using doesn't bother me in the slightest.

I think the big difference is that Finnegan and Freiburger run Hot Rod magazine,
so they've already got a sh*t load of sponsors and advertisers queuing up to have their products mentioned or used in their vids, because they know they can reach a much wider audience
through YT and social media than they every will in a monthly magazine.

Personally I think Drive have dropped the ball on that score.

Just watching the first episode, such a good watch.
The very essence of blokes messing around in s**tty old cars captured with decent banter, good videography and a crazy plot too.
Will be watching the rest over the coming weeks I think.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
This months has been out for a few days,
they obviously didn't make the deadline for this month so put together an out takes and unseen footage episode,
still pretty good though.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Bit late to the game with this one as it's been out a few days, but it's one of their better ones,
i'd love to build something like this if I knew anything about anything.

Monaro VXR
The 4 tailpipes have been a vette thing for a long time. People would complain if it didn't have them.

Plus if a 4 cylinder Golf R can have 4, a V8 definitely can.

Petrol Blue 182.
Still a good series, howevet it's becoming a little corporate now imo, compared with the earlier epsiodes. Lambo vs rat rod is still the best episode!

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
If the choice is them name dropping products or paying for content like the Drive network, i'd prefer the name dropping,
I used to love all the Drive network channels, now I don't watch any as all their vids are just teasers for the paid content,
as long as the stick to the two idiots building shed-rods format then it'll always be enjoyable.

Listerine & Poledo
I was expecting a thread of Dreads explaining the best ways to cook the roadside animal free-food options.
At least it's not Chris "for £50 your car can be better than Black Jebus" Harris

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Finally the new season has started, in this one they take a boat with no engine to the lake,
put the muscle trucks engine in it, blast around the lake for a day, then put the muscle truck's engine back in so they can go home,
I can't believe this is what they get paid for, I f*cked up somewhere along the way.

Not the best, but still brilliant. God I sound like I'm in the official Top Gear thread of moan.
The one the other week with the speedboat was cool as hell.

If I was half as mechanically minded as they are I'd want to make something similar on this side of the pond. But I'm not, so I wont.