ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

robbing git

Scirocco GT 210
I've never understood the need to put aftermarket valve caps on a car. Just keep the standard black plastic ones on there, then nobody will try and nick them (hopefully).

Nicksie

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 CUP
mine got nicked from the local leisure centre, only took 2 though! I just put the original placky ones back on and painted them blue!

Tungy
Come on lads. You've all been through the phase where you go out at night with your mates and rob some dustcaps (usually at the age of about 12/3 or something) :p

pid

182, black gold
i understand why kids nick dustys, and to be fair, theres worse they could be doing, like keying!! not that there excused!! mine went missing 3 days after i had the car!

so i got myslef some of those richbrook anti theft spinning caps from halfords, not bad actually and they look ok as theyre black and silver so kinda match the car! though you do run the risk of the theivesgetting frustrated by it not unscrewing then they just yank at it til they wreck the valve!

one tip if you get them, keep the little tool for removing them in your car at all times, otherwise you feel a right idiot when u drive all the way to the petrol station to do you tyre pressures!!:eek: :eek:

Planning for a 182...
I'm sure I saw some a couple of years ago that were completely flush with the rim. Haven't got a clue how you would get them on and off but looked pretty smart and would stump those thieving gets. were in Demon Tweeks cat i think.

Looking for a 1.8 16v
some little scumbag nicked my 1s till i got some cheap ones from kwik fit and titened them on wiv a spanner watch a little chav try to nick them he was strugglin and if i wanna take them off i just take them off wiv a spanner :)

Taylor, your valves stick out about a mile though, maybe they saw them scraping along the kerb? ;)

Nah, it is s**t, I'm actually thinking about CCTV outside the house after my centercap wet missing!

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
get one of those alarms that discharge an electric shock when its armed. feckers will only do it once :)

al

ST on the way...
one tip if you get them, keep the little tool for removing them in your car at all times, otherwise you feel a right idiot when u drive all the way to the petrol station to do you tyre pressures!!:eek: :eek:

Lol! :lolup:

Clio 182 Full fat
mine go nicked last night aswell, mine arent aftermarket ones when i got new tyres put on they put silver caps on theiving scum nout better to do!