ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Robin

1.6 Ford Focus
I got this picture a few weeks back and totally forgot about it.

44fbb9fc7a6a491bc1bb446e4bc5bec9.jpg

Click for full size.

1.6 Ford Focus
Nice, it's quite hard to get them on camera haha they are quick. What camera did you use?

I have an ultra close up picture of a bird I can't think of the name at the moment... black, patch of white and a huge long tail. I will upload it tomorrow.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Nice shots :)

I have a few snaps of the Robin too - they are very quick in front of the camera!

What settings did you catch that one on Chris?

Mk2 ph1 clio
Nice, it's quite hard to get them on camera haha they are quick. What camera did you use?

I have an ultra close up picture of a bird I can't think of the name at the moment... black, patch of white and a huge long tail. I will upload it tomorrow.

Sounds like a partial albino blackbird.. geek I know.

Robins have to be the most photogenic bird tbh! Heres one of mine.

4258814159_687b829e2e.jpg

Mk2 ph1 clio
Oh and, im curious what camera was the origional image taken with? For the size of the robin in the frame it doesnt half keep some detail!

FTO GPX 2.0 V6
These are my best efforts from last weekends trip to the owl and otter sanctuary in the New Forest. I have got a few nice Owl, Otter and Deer pics, but they are not for this thread!

R1-1.jpg

DSC05717.jpg

DSC05731-1.jpg

Ian

Focus TDCi
Glad Geordie is getting some comments, your photos really are good bud! Those new kingfisher shots are awesome.

I'd love to have a proper go at taking bird photos, but the cost of the lenses when you get into it scares me!

Mk2 ph1 clio
Well if your ever up my neck of the woods i'll take you round the local spots + you can use my prime ;)

One condition, help me with my feckin landscapes, they really are terrible!

Mk2 ph1 clio
yeah its a magpie.

Lens wise, depends on budget and camera!

If you can afford it use a prime lense (fixed focal) its faster focus and optical quality will be ideal. I shoot in Av mode for wildlife and it gets some good results.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Av mode would be A on a Nikon then? lol ;)

I've got a 50mm 1.8 prime, should be fun on the D90

Mk2 ph1 clio
Yeah lol Nikon... foreign to me!

50mm will be a challenge to get close to wildlife! I use 300mm and still find myself needed a bit more! 1.4x tc coming my way soon!

"Navy" N17 TWO
I have a 70-300mm Sigma lens too with macro function if it's any good for the purpose?

Does tend to blur a lot without a tripod though

Oil Burner
Wildlife (besides tame birds like Robins) want 300+

Have a look on talk photography at some of the Exif data on their images.

A lot use the 500 F4 or 300F2.8 + 1.4 or 2x TC

Wildlife photography is one of the hardest forms of photography and people often don't appreciate what a lot of work and skill goes into it.

Nippy white cup
I was lucky with mine....we sat down for some lunch outside and the Robin landed on the next table so I just snapped it lol.

Chris

Mk2 ph1 clio
Wildlife (besides tame birds like Robins) want 300+

Have a look on talk photography at some of the Exif data on their images.

A lot use the 500 F4 or 300F2.8 + 1.4 or 2x TC

Wildlife photography is one of the hardest forms of photography and people often don't appreciate what a lot of work and skill goes into it.

Who needs 400/500 and lose £3k+ Get closer to the subject :approve: Works for me!

The 70-300mm will be fine, the only thing i would say is that telephoto lenses will never be pin sharp by way of design.

Try using a beanbag! There light, stable and can be put virtualy anywhere, i use one cause i dont wanna lug a camera around where i go for photos!

"Navy" N17 TWO
Was thinking that, you sort-of emm NEED the camera when you go for photo's, even if all you have is a disposable from Boots :rasp:

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
we got 2 living in our workshop, real tame now, comes and sits on my tool box and eats jaffa cakes when i leave em out

LY 182 FF CUPPED
I really enjoy wildlife/Bird photography ( when I get the spare time)
Here are a couple of my old ones, now that I have some better glass I really need to get out there and use them more.

89a676700929bc71aa7e4f356ed02744_d6.jpg

865805dae53b3ebd5c608f5796010975_59.jpg

3b233c034fa0ae6a6a2f432d7947711c_c5.jpg

22286fa318a51207e54428860dfaa5a8_a5.jpg

LY 182 FF CUPPED
300mm F4 crappy canon on a 1Dmkll, few years ago tbh.....when I was still learning the basics.

think it was 1600 iso (hence the noise)

FTO GPX 2.0 V6
Went out earlier this morning and managed to get another Robin pic. It refused to sit on a nearby snow covered tree stump, despite me waiting for around 30 mins in the snow.

4263369391_f41a128a51.png

I got some ok duck ones though!

Last edited: