ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rocker cover removal

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
How hard is this to remove , does it just unbolt or is it abit more complicated on these engines ?

I just wanted to get it painted or powder coated

Lionel Richie
about 6hours labour plus a cambelt kit, possible dephaser, aux kit, and all the special cam locking tools

The rocker cover holds the cams in place and you cannot take it off without removing the pulleys - you'll have to take the timing belt off at the same time.

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Nice tip martin, cheers fred , its not coming off then !

Not like a good old C20XE :)

172 cup, Impreza P1
Belts off job!! More hassle than its worth. Just get the colour you want in high temp spray can.

Remove inlet manifold and spray the paint into the cap and brush it on with a tiny artists brush. It leaves no brush marks at all as the paint sinks into the cast effect of the metal.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?638498-Refresh!!

Hi temp paint isn't really required as the cam cover doesn't get that hot, about 75 degrees so most paints will be fine at that.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Mini x 2
Hi temp paint isn't really required as the cam cover doesn't get that hot, about 75 degrees so most paints will be fine at that.

Yep, std paint will be fine.

i painted the block of my Punto GT about 8 years ago. I painted it the colour of the car using rattle cans and lacquered it. 5k later it was still good as new.