ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rokkor coilovers

secret
Now guys i know these r cheap but i need new rear shocks and need more lowness so cheap is my friend at crimbo but have any of u got these and how do u rate them

I am only on springs now so will the coilovers b better than that?

Any advice/comments welcome

Clio 1.2 Dynamique
I went straight onto rokkor coilovers on my 1.2 never had springs. The front will go low as you want, I had to buy custom rear springs to get the rear to go down as it only goes about 40-45mm with the rokkors.

Awesome coilovers for the price though, car feels like a go kart would recommend them to anyone.

I went straight onto rokkor coilovers on my 1.2 never had springs. The front will go low as you want, I had to buy custom rear springs to get the rear to go down as it only goes about 40-45mm with the rokkors.

Awesome coilovers for the price though, car feels like a go kart would recommend them to anyone.

Really??:headno:

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Don't buy them wocka, i had them on my 1.2 and they are good for a 1.2 but my 172 has a better suspension setup as standard. i would be looking at the 519 Spax kit if i were you.

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Ive got these on my 1.2 after having 40mm for just over a year. For the price you really can't complain! They gave me some lows and the ride can be rough, but not the point where id get rid of them. You can deck the front, I've got mine as far as its save to where I live. The rear is as low as it will go with the adjusters, but you can take the adjusters out if you want abit of an extra drop. Failing that get custom rear springs. I'm very happy with them and have had them for almost a year now and they haven't failed me yet. Even went to the Isle of Wight with them for a week and they were fine, if very rough! You'll prefere them to springs though mate.

Mine at its current height:
003-2.jpg

Littlegh's Clio on here, he's taken the rear adjusters out, so you can see it sits a little lower than mine at the rear:
IMG_0030.jpg

If I get a sport however Id probably save and get a better brand.

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
How would you rate these comfort wise in comparison to apex springs? I have apex at the min and they are so harsh.

Put it this way, you dont want to buy coilovers for a 'comfortable' ride, but its not back breaking bad. Ive grown used to it, and I actually prefere the ride to my springs.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
You get used to the harshness of the ride, but when you get back into a car with proper suspension you realise how harsh the coilovers are and never want to go back

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
I cant really compare them to springs because its different. My springs were harsh but in a crashy kind of way, the coilovers are harsh because they are stiff and you feel every bump.

secret
Oooo duno what to do, im only after something cheap till next year then i will get some decent coilys :s

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
you will never get anywhere near 100mm on the front if you drive above 5mph, they are so soft it will rub like mad.

Put it this way, you dont want to buy coilovers for a 'comfortable' ride, but its not back breaking bad. Ive grown used to it, and I actually prefere the ride to my springs.

I think you'll find coilovers can be comfortable, if you don't spend as little as possible. Different cars, but I went from £500 GAZs to £800ish HSDs and the difference is night and day. Couldn't go far on the GAZs without needing a piss and a new back, same cant be said for the HSDs.
It's all about the dampers and spring rates, cheap ones will be rock solid with poor damping.

I think you'll find coilovers can be comfortable, if you don't spend as little as possible. Different cars, but I went from £500 GAZs to £800ish HSDs and the difference is night and day. Couldn't go far on the GAZs without needing a piss and a new back, same cant be said for the HSDs.
It's all about the dampers and spring rates, cheap ones will be rock solid with poor damping.

Its true. My racelands were horrid, especially with bucket seats.
The spax are comfortable and not all jumpy/back breaking/s**t! However the spax cost over 3x the price of racelands.

Also just driven 60miles in a 182 on standard suspension, I had never been in a clio on standard suspension. I personally think the spax give a better ride than standard. Just my opinion of course.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
U have had some on a sport?

I've previously had the Ktec coilovers, which are the same thing but rebranded so yes. The ride is ok once they are setup properly but they are far to soft to go down to low if you actually wanna be able to corner at decent speeds.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
this has been covered far too many times! lol

why dont you just wait till next year and buy some good coilovers??

theyre cheap, obviously you get what you pay for and theyre good value, but theyre still cheap!!

your car will most likely handle worse on these compared to the standard 172 suspension!!

theyre fine on a 1.2 but i dont really see any point in putting them on a sport!!

secret
Cus my rear shocks r leaking and i fancied abit more lowness but in all fairness if i can wait ti feb i will.

So the rommors are the ktecs but rebranded!

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
raceland/rokkor/ktec coilovers are all the same!!

just get a cheap second hand shock to tide you over lol,

raceland/rokkor/ktec coilovers are all the same!!

just get a cheap second hand shock to tide you over lol,

hey wocka do as struggler says by second hand shocks! or buy new and sell them on in feb (to me;))

don't get those crappy rokker things buy cheap buy twice

secret
hey wocka do as struggler says by second hand shocks! or buy new and sell them on in feb (to me;))

don't get those crappy rokker things buy cheap buy twice

Theres someone near me ive been chatin to hu has some rear shocks, just gona pm me wen he takes them off

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
i rate them highly :) got had them on my car since the beginning of the year... had a full car, drove to the north west and back a few times, glasgow and back once and not had a problem... couldnt be arsed to read through the thread so if you have bought them already ignore me :p

no harsher than eibachs on a friends saxo which i find hilarious :)

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
no, they wont, you will most likely need 58mm bolt spacing, but best off measuring yourself!!

and OP, if youre still looking for rear shocks, i have a set in my garage that arnt doing anything!