ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Roll arches

Clio 1.2 2.3 2004
Iv had a search but couldn't find a thread that says how to do it
Could somebody post me a link

Or tell me the best way to do it to a Clio mk2

Or is it just a hammer lol

Also can you do it to the front plastic wings?

Thanks

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
DSCF1028.jpg

Clio 1.2 2.3 2004
I wanted to do it on the cheap tbh I could buy one for £100 then get someone do it for me or even rent one for £30

Clio 1.2 2.3 2004
I can see my self cocking it up haha. Ill see how it is when my tyres are here first

BlackGold 182
All I did is heat it up a little, got a sharp Stanley knife and cut down it, so that at the top it's the same width as the actual arch

Clio 1.2 2.3 2004
One side worked a treat the other the paint has cracked right on the bend :( I will see what happens in the next few weeks ill try and bodge it up some home.

One side worked a treat the other the paint has cracked right on the bend :( I will see what happens in the next few weeks ill try and bodge it up some home.

Doh, was gonna try this myself at the weekend but maybe I wont now lol.

Clio 1.2 2.3 2004
Don't use a crap heat gun that works one minute and don't the next. It was fantastic on my first one then on the other side it was a epic fail lol

I might buy some clear paint protecter film and put it over the crack to try help it a little

Don't use a crap heat gun that works one minute and don't the next. It was fantastic on my first one then on the other side it was a epic fail lol

I might buy some clear paint protecter film and put it over the crack to try help it a little

I was gonna use a hair dryer tbf ha.

How did you do it? I could just do with bending the most inner bit in a bit. Was just gonna use a hammer?

387bhp RB Trophy SC
Just take it to the body shop they will blow it in mate. Should only take a morning to do and then pick it up in the afternoon.

Clio 1.2 2.3 2004
I used a rubber mallet. It worked a treat till the heat gun packed in.

What do u mean blow it?

387bhp RB Trophy SC
They will blow it in, the paint. You wont even see the repaire mate if you took it to a good body repaire place.

Cup In bits
Having done it to my car the other day it is possible with a good heat gun, piece of softish plastic and hammer, have your hand on the outside of the quarter panel to absorb the hammer blows like you would with a dolly. Work your way round the arch while you get someone to hold said plastic to protect paint from hammer blows. The paint just bends if you get it hot.

I used the proper tool for the job which gives a better result, I gained 15mm at certain points with mine as it pushes the whole quarter out whereas the hammer just folds the lip a little more. I had to finish the front and rear portions with a hammer due to the arc the tool follows.

220 Trophy
Excuse my ignorance, but does rolling the arches (rears) just bend the inner lip back further or does it actually flare the outer wing as well?