ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Roll cage needed!

E90
Anyone know anyone who fits cages into clios?? Might need one for a williams soon, rough estimate on price?? Will need some buckets while i'm at it, and possibly a zorst and a damn good service.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Devil, OMP, quite a few cages I think matey. Probably looking at £500 at a rough wild guess.

E90
i thought they were more like a grand + welded and in. Can you weld simon, you just volunteered, LOL maybe i can get remsport or cheesesport to do it.

E90
sm_wrc said:
Safety Devices is your best bet.

Mr Fish is quite good at fitting them too.

:D

schwwwwweet, How much will the cost be at a guess, does he take payment in chewberts???

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
I can't weld but I can drill holes and bolt stuff in :D

You can spend about grand though. Is it just for track days mate?

E90
DarthCake said:

Tis for ringage mate, dont need to be competition approved etc, just stop me burying my head in the ground when i barrel roll it, LOL

Demeon Tweeks sell a load of different spc ones I think Saftery cages are the cheapest mine was somehting like £300 or so then fitment depends a proper place your looking at £200 I think or so excluding stripping out of the car.

Or get a local garage to do the welding much cheaper.

Race/rally compnaies are usually your best bet or contact local racing groups they will have places they use.

Lionel Richie
DarthCake said:

not a wise idea, you should reinforce the "bolt in" points

clio 200 F4Rt
there is no such thing as a true bolt in cage, as every bolt in cage still needs plates welded to the car.

Mark Fish wise... 182 cages are around 750, or if you want him to fit it around 1200 quid mark. As its not as easy or straight forward as some people think.

It doesnt really matter which cage you go for, whether it be OMP, Sparco, Safety DEvices, Custom Cages, they all conform to the same set of FIA regulations.

Price wise, i have always found Sparco and OMP to be at the more reasonable end of the market, with Safety Devices costing a fair bit more. But then they do come painted.

Renaultsport 220T
Weeman said:
schwwwwweet, How much will the cost be at a guess, does he take payment in chewberts???

Weeman,

Give him a call tomorrow, 01279 431628, he can give you a price.

I'd recon just under the 1k.

He's extremely busy this week as he's preparing a car for Brands this weekend, but I'm sure he would be happy to sort you out a quote.

Steve

Renaultsport 220T
Check out Steve's 182. Mark has done all the preparation on this car.

It's the nuts!!! :D

P8220008.jpg

8-1.jpg

E90
Thanks matey's. I'm trying to have a williams sorted ASAP, I hope , problem is they are all in England and i'm stuck out here. Also keeping an eye out for an e30 325, but i'm having trouble finding one cheap and good enough over here.

clio 200 F4Rt
That cage is the Safety DEvices one to Mark Fish's spec, you can run it with all the standard interior still in.

but as spotted, to use the glove box, you need to cut a slice off it, or not use it!

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
Mines an OMP which I picked up for 200 quid second hand and had fitted for 150....sorted!

sorry not got any decent pics..

brandsnanawillyedituv2.png