ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Roll Caged / Track Clios

106 rallye
Anyone Got Any Photos Of There Road Cars Caged Up/ Bucket Seats.

Just Looking At 172/182 As A New Car And As I Enjoy Track Days Need Some Idea Of What They Look Like.

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat
trackcar3.jpg

trackcar4.jpg

MKIII 138
green light wont insure a 172cup so your f.kd anyway with them

what breaks on that car btw ?

ohh and are adrian flux ok with mods on a cup

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
meggerman said:
green light wont insure a 172cup so your f.kd anyway with them

what breaks on that car btw ?

ohh and are adrian flux ok with mods on a cup

The will insure it I thought, just not nearly as cheaply as a full fat 172 or 182 :S

MKIII 138
EvilJohn said:
The will insure it I thought, just not nearly as cheaply as a full fat 172 or 182 :S

so how come the guy from greenlight on this forum who is the official spokes person on cliosport regarding greenlights terms and conditions and was explained in a huge thread in interiormods section of the forum he explictly told us that the 172cup is uninsurable by them no matter who you are ?!?!

crazy, so is the guy from greenlight pulling our plonkers to keep the number of 172cup owners down on there books from fear of paying out

v.confused now

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Maybe I picked it up wrong but from what I read and remember (possibly 2 very differnet things!) Greenlight had decided to lower their prices for the ph1 172, ph2 172 and 182 due to lower than expected number of claims.

However the cup had more claims than any other RenaultSport so there would be no reduction in price and if the trend continued then the would consider no longer insuring them under any circumstances. Dont know if maybe it has reached that point now that the roads are slippy!!

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
work in progress at the mo, and cage is due in when i can be arsed/can afford to get it painted and pro fitted

seat.jpg

seat2.jpg

Leo's car is a minter...

well set up, tidy inside and out. Best compromise between track / road car. Sounds nice, tidy handling, goes well with a nice sweet pull all the way through (superchips ECU) and the brakes are well up to the job. A lot of money spent on the car for what he is asking for it! Not done many miles, and still useable (just about) as an everyday motor.

I would have bought it if I hadn't decided to go the whole hog and buy a racer...