ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rolling Road Day and Meet

2000 X PH1 172
Hi people.

I am hoping to organise a rolling road day for North East Clio Sport.

Was hoping to organise it for PD-Tuning in East Boldon,
I know people may have good and bad past experiences there but undoubtedly they have the best rollers in the region.

Unsure yet on prices, they usually charge £35 per car,
If I can get a list of people who are interested I will ring them up, put numbers forward and sort out a date.

I am hoping to organise this for the end of this month, either a Saturday or a Sunday.

Any questions ask or PM me,

1) Aly.

2000 X PH1 172
Cheers mate.
Someon pmed me asking for a confirmation of a date.
I can confirm a date but I want to know if people would prefer a Saturday or a Sunday?

2000 X PH1 172
Seems like Sunday could be a better day.
Hopefully get a few more names down and ill ring thrm tomorrow

172 Cup
I'll defo come along and i might even run...i'll see ;) lol

If we are struggling to get numbers and are ok with it i can post about this on my brother honda forum and get some interest from some honda owners.

172 cup
I'll come along but they ain't getting a f**king penny of my money to run my car, I wouldn't lend them a bucket of water if the place was burning down :)

Right round the back of my house though so ill see you's there

2000 X PH1 172
OK a little update
I am going to set a date for the 10th July, this is hopefully a date that doesn't clash with anything.
Also gives us plenty of time to build up some numbers so people can get time off work and money together etc.

The 10th is on a Sunday.

I'm glad to see people are interested.

I'll have a pop along to PD Tuning and see if I can get any form of discount if we get X amount of cars.

Cheers.

Titanium 182
Was going to come along, but am at a Christening on that particular day.

Should try for the first weekend in July Aly, most people will have been paid by then, like July 3rd.

clio 182 'full fat'
Was going to come along, but am at a Christening on that particular day.

Should try for the first weekend in July Aly, most people will have been paid by then, like July 3rd.

+1 to this! my mates back from holiday then also so that will add 3 more ppl to the list if we do it on the 3rd ;)

172 Cup
Either of them days sounds good to me, let me know if you want more numbers like i said i'll probs be able to get some other interest in this aswell ;)

Yeah I could be up for this!
I'll see if my mate fancies it in his 197 as he ain't registered on here!

I'll let you know asap

Sounds like it could be a good day. Wouldn't mind getting the car on the rollers.

Depending on the date my mate with a cosworth powered xr4i would also go on the rollers.

Clio 172 Cup
If anyone has a gearbox for a 52 plate clio cup i will have it in and ready then i would be up for a run on the rollers! :D

Trophy Turbo :)
Yeah ill come to this but ive been told that the RR in mention isnt as good as the original poster states!!! id personly thing motorscope is a better set up!!!

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
The rollers themselves are good, the people opperating them are f**king useless, As I found out when they failed to strap my rallye down properly and it jumping out the rollers and nearly going through their wall.

I would strongly avoid using them.

As for motorscope, well the rollers there are completely in-accurate. I know where there is a rolling road that is good, but not sure what he'd charge. Its a dynodynamics RR at Evotune

clio 182 'full fat'
ive been put off alot by reading about rr's, especially the reputation pdtuning has, went there a while back for some mapping work done on my passat (what a bunch of clueless t***s)
also ive just had two brandnew tyres put on my car yesterday and heard bad things about using new tyres on a rr