ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rolling road results

Made 179 earlier which I’m pleased about from the minimal mods.

Which rolling road figures have people had on their 172/182 as the owner of the rolling road said they only make 160ish usually?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Which rolling road and what’s been done to the car?

Tbh belt timing is the best mod.

Mine is 183/163
Decat, unsilenced centre, fatty induction kit, mapped my efi.

I took it to Surrey rolling road and the mods are: decat, Ktec stealth (silenced), fatty induction, not remapped).

I’m intrigued about the belt timing? Does it give much more or just 1 or 2 bhp?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Just makes sure the car is running at its best mate. That’s why it’s important the job gets done well. With them being maxed out so to speak from the factory if the timing is out it can affect performance and general running quite a lot.

Just makes sure the car is running at its best mate. That’s why it’s important the job gets done well. With them being maxed out so to speak from the factory if the timing is out it can affect performance and general running quite a lot.

Ah I see, well there could potentially be a few more ponies available with some good timing and a remap. Although I’d be tempted for cams as well next time!

172 Turbo
My standard Cup

image (1).jpeg

dan's cast offs.
I took it to Surrey rolling road and the mods are: decat, Ktec stealth (silenced), fatty induction, not remapped).

I’m intrigued about the belt timing? Does it give much more or just 1 or 2 bhp?

group n timing cheapest and best for good gains, no need to lash out on a set of cams that way.

before, red and after, black. standard map on the before.

InkedBEFORE AFTER SMOOTH CROPPED_LI.jpg

group n timing cheapest and best for good gains, no need to lash out on a set of cams that way.

before, red and after, black. standard map on the before.

View attachment 1362752

Wow that really does improve the torque in these. I was disappointed in the torque on my car (it made 150lb ft at its peak) but there were some noticeable dips before this. Looks like group n timing and a remap helps a lot

Looks like these cars haven’t lost any Bhp over the years. Mine has 110,000!

I did video my car on the rollers so I can upload if anyone is interested

Rystar

ClioSport Club Member
  2003 Clio 172
Had mine ran up too...
Standard Map, Fatty Induction, Ktec 2.5 Inch Supersport catback, nothing else really that I can imagine affecting power output.
For some reason they've put KM/H rather than engine revs on the X-Axis...
Fairly new local firm so who knows if it can be trusted.... And I know it's upside down, no amount of editing on my phone seems to stick:tearsofjoy:

Attachments

• received_2009131032447775.jpeg
    received_2009131032447775.jpeg
    356.2 KB · Views: 93
Strong engine to be making that at Surrey Rolling Road! I personally wouldn’t bother with adjusting the timing or mapping as there’s probably not much left to gain.

Cheers Tim, I think Charlie was surprised too as he said it probably wouldn’t do more than 160 before he ran it! He said most don’t get near 172bhp?

Rystar

ClioSport Club Member
  2003 Clio 172
How does it go from 147 whp (a realistic figure btw) to 181 chp? (a figure close to factory spec )
The 181 is the corrected power. I believe this is because say you lived at high altitude your BHP would be lower than someone with identical tune at low altitude? At least that's the explanation i got, it balances the playing field

Clio 172,Vw Bora Tdi
My standard 172,with port matched and polished inlet,induction kit,182 manifold,decat and no remap.
I wonder what causes the dip at 2600 rpm.
I've put it on the dyno at Dynodaze in Hinckley.
770066fd66bad2ef82c1cf8eca93081e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Clio 172,Vw Bora Tdi
Yes,it's one of the next things to do.
But I would like to get some cams in,so I can get above 190 bhp. Hopefully.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

donnylad

ClioSport Club Member
aye heardfrom a few peeps they are very realistic and quite a lot of people come away with lower then expected but thats better if anything, dont want a printout for 190bhp if im 175 :)

I am booked in for next week, had a chat and they seem to really know what they are on about. will post graphs when I get them :)

Really dont know what to expect, I was told it had a lot done to it, but going through all the old receipts I cant find any for the work its claimed to have done. Although what was claimed to have been done added no value to it so I wont be annoyed etc, it is what it is :)

it feels nippy, I have a small stretch where I test all my cars and it is a little bit slower then my 200sx was (300bhp) and getsa the same as my 300bhp 705nm 530d.

it is 15mph behind my old 340bhp scoob tho!