ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Roof bars/cycle carrier help

Clio 182 arctic
Hey guys,
I have just bought a new mtb and am planning on travelling further afield with it, so chucking it in the back isn't an option when I need other gear in there as well. Can anyone point me in the right direction of some bars (ebay or other) that will fit a 182. I have browsed ebay and if I'm honest I really do not know what I am looking at. There are too many options. I want some bars and also I imagine most cycle mounts will attach to these?

Also, while I am here can anyone give me a quick run down of how to fit them, I'm guessing that the front goes underneath the door when its closed, but what about the rear. What price should I be looking at 2nd hand if necessary.
Thanks for any help

2012 Gordini 1.6
Best be is to pop onto the Thule website. There is a fit guide in there. The front rails will fit under door seal as you describe. The rear set will either fit via some fix points, hidden under a flap on the roof top or if you don't have these you will need an adaptor which basically clamps the two bars together and places what would be he rear fixing onto the front doors as well. Easy I've run them on mine for years but I have fix point. Another thing is to buy aero bar not square bars, wind noise is horrendous on square bars.

RB 182 Cup
Genuine Renault roof bars are good too, I'm sure they're less than £100 new. Mine cost me £25 secondhand.

I really like the way they curve into the clamps rather than stick out past the end of the clamps.

I've posted a photo previously, I'll try to find it again.