ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Roof lining on a 16v

Bumder With A Buffer

Is it possible and how hard is it to remove the roof lining on a valver?? I want to put some small strips of metal up on back of roof lining to help hold my DVD screen stay up as it wont stay up for long with normal screws??

Trophy

It is glued on and you will probably bend it out of shape trying to remove it.

If you want a practice, come and have a go on the clio im breaking.

Mat.

Bmw M4 & Clio 16v

You can just remove all of the interior plastics and pull the headlining off it will bend slightly as its bonded on but it soon pops back into shape.

Bumder With A Buffer

only need to get to the front of the lining. passenger side, basically ware the sun visor goes. or will i still need to take of all the plastic trim

Bmw M4 & Clio 16v

no just the bit by the door and the sunvisor also the top centre console holding the interior lights, wont take long

Removing the roof lining is a pain in the arse. It takes the strength of Jeff Capes to peel the damn thing off. Then an even bigger pain in the arse is finding the right glue to put it back on. Mine is still off. If you do take it off and you crack it, you can always trim it with some blue cloth and make it look cool. And whilst its off you might as well slap on some sound proofing.