ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ROOF RATTLES!!!!

Ok - I think I have seen thjis being mentioned before but....

The roof in my cars seems to rattle one hell of a lot, over bumps and stuff its awful. On the way to work this morning I decided it was really pi$$ing me off and it needed sorting!

Anyone know how?????? :confused:

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

Do you mean the sunroof???

if so there was a design fault on some cause the missus had hers replaced under warranty for the same thing

nah , its asif the whole roof is rattling round the sunroof, its really annoying!

its seems to do it more when the weather is warm, as if the metal roof is warm and there is more flex in the metal???????????!

I turn the stereo up, or push it up while im driving along ( you have to hold it there) thats the best fix, cant really do much cos it does it right where the sunroof goes into so you cant jam anything in there.

Yep my sunroof RATTLES!

Do get the felling that the roof itself(around the S/R) creeks,bends and plays in syncro with S/Roof! Its the same in all weathers

Got car booked mailto:in@Renault">in@Renault for this and many more probs and will let u all know outcome. Hope they replace with new S/Roof???

My sunroof rattles been in twice to dealer already, they are now waiting for head office to tell them what to do with it! just keep on at them if you have warranty. I said about chassis flexing too much to them a while ago, i thought this because things like window rubbers on my car are working themselves loose aswell!