ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Roof tar.

Rb 182
Is there any reason to not remove the tar from the roof from a stripped 1*2?

My boss seems to think that it adds some rigidity to the panel, but i cant see that being true.

I'd like to remove it as i've removed the rest of the tar, but there seems to be some people saying "yes you can" and others saying "you cant".

Anyone give a definitive answer to this??

Dave

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
just take it out you pussy ;) Any damage that may occur when John is removing it will only add to the character!

182cup & 172 racecar
Just be careful,when I did ours I thought I was doing well, until I got out to have a cup of tea,oops, I'd been scraping too hard and marked the roof.

And yes it does weigh a lot,I put it all in a bucket and my missus could hardly lift it.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Only downside if its a road car as well is you will probably get dripped on thanks to overnight condensation.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Hence why mines still in.
Have also been told the old bill are crunching down on having bare exposed metal surfaces, such as the roof and front doors.

Great excuse for carbon front door cards then ;) Loved my old ones!

SQ5
Hence why mines still in.
Have also been told the old bill are crunching down on having bare exposed metal surfaces, such as the roof and front doors.

Really? Where did you hear that?

I have no interior trim at all?! Bare sharp metal everywhere!

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
My mate who is a pcso told me (hes normally pretty accurate with his info)

Also someone in ipswich got in s**t for having no door cards in a focus rs.

Youll be fine, youve got a cage!

But what if he bangs his head on it?

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Just in case anyone searches and finds this we weighed it on bathroom scales and it was only 2kg so make your own judgement on its worthwhile.

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
Old thread I know but what technique did you use to remove the tar John? How long did it take?

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
A heat gun, a scraper, ag tar remover and patience along with sore arms. Did cause a little paint damage unfortunately but it didn't matter to much on that shell