ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rossi faster than Barichello !

C63 PP,R1,,Clubman
"Ferrari have tried to recruit Rossi in the past and team boss Stefano Domenicali said last week he would check on the Italian's availability if they had the chance to race a third F1 car in the future"

Sounds more like if rossi has spare time in his diary ;)

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
jamesp24 said:
"Ferrari have tried to recruit Rossi in the past and team boss Stefano Domenicali said last week he would check on the Italian's availability if they had the chance to race a third F1 car in the future"

Sounds more like if rossi has spare time in his diary ;)
Wow. Definitive proof. I take it all back. No doubt the fia are busy engraving his name on the trophy, 2011 champ.

We'll forget that with all the new teams, 3rd cars are a pipe dream? And the press reported schumi would never return. And then he'd never return for anyone but rarri. And that alonso and Hamilton have made peace.

Stop reading the Sun, son.

Turbos.
It is a great for marketing but i can't see ever being in F1 and that is partly down to being a waste of time, it would take ages for him to be as good as even the worst driver on the F1 grid.

Please remember that Fisichella was 'only' 1 second slower than Raikkonen when he covered for Massa, and he was a laughing stock because of it.

That article was written to cause a bit of controversy and stir up debate. Mission accomplished.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I'm amazed that some think 3s is close. I like his pubey head though. Shame you can't really exhibit that type of personality in f1, even

Golf GTD Mk7
I'm amazed that some think 3s is close. I like his pubey head though. Shame you can't really exhibit that type of personality in f1, even

lol true. 3 seconds is more than seperated the grid in qualifying last year. Close in F1 is tenths, hundreths even.

172//Crap Micra//Bus
Badoer was between 1.5 to 2 seconds off the pace at every race... and he was laughed at by everybody and soon replaced.

Renaultsport 220T
From the horse's mouth. Rossi said....

"I had fun and it was a very good test, with good lap times, but I think that it will be very difficult to see me driving in F1," said the 30-year-old Italian, referring to his Barcelona test in Ferrari's 2008 car.

MCS R56
Who gives a f**k? The point is, Rossi is an extremely talented driver, on two wheels or four. I'm pretty certain he could make the jump to F1 if he devoted all his time to it. Whether he'd be successful against the current F1 drivers, nobody really knows.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Who gives a f**k? The point is, Rossi is an extremely talented driver, on two wheels or four. I'm pretty certain he could make the jump to F1 if he devoted all his time to it. Whether he'd be successful against the current F1 drivers, nobody really knows.
Had he started at a young age, maybe. Most of the attributes are
transferable. But even if he dedicated all his time now, he wouldn't make it IMO.

Most of the current and new crop have been racing on a regular basis, in karts etc since before they were 10. You can't compete with that.

In terms of being an athlete, requiring good reactions, depth perception, judgment etc I'd imagine the demands of a tennis player would be similar to a footballer. But just because they are physically able, doesn't mean a top tennis player could walk into a top football team.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Valentino has been quite handy in a few rallies before though hasn't he? Certainly not a challenger for the championship but he was respectable.

I dont think he'd ever switch across he can dominate motoGP when he really pushes it but seems to be easing off these days and getting into racing the other riders more, I dont think his left foot came off the peg once last year lol..

I think if he dedicated everything he had he could possibly run in F1 but I doubt he could ever make up 3 seconds as has been said thats a lifetime. The most i could expect of Valentino in F1 is a mid runner, which is a shame because his personality in F1 would be a breath of fresh air.

MCS R56
Had he started at a young age, maybe. Most of the attributes are
transferable. But even if he dedicated all his time now, he wouldn't make it IMO.

Most of the current and new crop have been racing on a regular basis, in karts etc since before they were 10. You can't compete with that.

In terms of being an athlete, requiring good reactions, depth perception, judgment etc I'd imagine the demands of a tennis player would be similar to a footballer. But just because they are physically able, doesn't mean a top tennis player could walk into a top football team.

Very true but it doesn't mean they couldn't either.

Put it this way, Rossi could make a living in some sort of driving that involes four wheels, F1 or otherwise. And I reckon if he put a year of testing in, he'd be as quick as the slower guys in F1. He is clearly a racing genius and many F1 drivers have said he totally understands the cars and how it reacts, it would just be the fine tuning, like he has to go through on a bike.

Either way, I doubt we'll never know but I doubt there are many other people out there that can drive car and bike to his level. For me, he's the best motorsports racer ever. I hope he sticks to bikes, where proper racing takes place!!:rasp:

182 Trophy
Like to see Massa within 3 seconds of Rossi on a Moto GP bike ;)

lmao, good point well made, and i mean BEFORE his injury, most f1 drivers wouldnt get round the track on a moto gp bike so this is pretty impressive. Respect for rossi wether youre an f1 geek or not.

ps Rossi is king, he set some silly times 2 years ago in a subaru wrc car and they wanted to sign him.
1 off the kid is.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
He sure is a 1 off.

I think he could turn his hand to any motorsport and make a success of it...

Brown Bear, where did you get 3 seconds a lap slower than Massa ? I am not disputing the figures but here is the link to autosport where Massa was driving the identical car the next day, it says "no times were issued after the run"
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/81028
please can you post a link to the lap times.
I agree that you can't compare times with any other car, but I think he would be closer than 3 seconds a lap, for 2 reasons, firstly in the last test he did, he got the gap to about 1 second driving an identical car, i also don't think he would be happy with that sort of a gap, and Montezemelo saying he is potential F1 world champion
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/81103

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Joeh said:
lmao, good point well made, and i mean BEFORE his injury, most f1 drivers wouldnt get round the track on a moto gp bike so this is pretty impressive. Respect for rossi wether youre an f1 geek or not.

ps Rossi is king, he set some silly times 2 years ago in a subaru wrc car and they wanted to sign him.
1 off the kid is.
It's not a good point. A good point is that most bike riders will drive cars. Most f1 drivers are restricted by contracts and can't ride bikes. So nerrrr.

For the record I think rossi is phenominal, his biography was a great read as well, comes across very well.

RB 182
there is no doubt that Rossi has an immense talent on bikes and yeah he's done well to get to within 3 seconds of a lap be it in a different car/package/track conditions. but in a 60 lap race even 0.1 of a second a lap slower is going to leave him 6 seconds behind at the end. One of the reasons i love f1 is that such a small amount of time makes a massive difference and watching cars and drivers develop over the season to find just a tenth here an there is great.

C63 PP,R1,,Clubman
Wow. Definitive proof. I take it all back. No doubt the fia are busy engraving his name on the trophy, 2011 champ.

We'll forget that with all the new teams, 3rd cars are a pipe dream? And the press reported schumi would never return. And then he'd never return for anyone but rarri. And that alonso and Hamilton have made peace.

Stop reading the Sun, son.

Uh hum "We want a third car and I would do everything to have Valentino. When he wins this year's MotoGP, enough is enough, he must also win in Formula One," -Luca Montezemolo

Thought this was worth adding :eek:

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Uh hum "We want a third car and I would do everything to have Valentino. When he wins this year's MotoGP, enough is enough, he must also win in Formula One," -Luca Montezemolo

Thought this was worth adding :eek:
3rd cars are a pipe dream. Worth reading.