ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rotary Car Polishers

RenaultSport 182
Hi All,

I just bought one of those hand held rotary polishing machines. I'm gonna give it a go tomorrow.

I was just wondering how easy is it to make a complete mess and totally screw my paint work?

Any tips or advice?

Cheers.

Cooper S JCW
I think you have to be careful not to push down to hard with the cheaper rotary polishers otherwise you will cause swirls!?!

I may have dreamt this though?

Clio 172 Mk2
yeah munchkin you're correct. You can do some serious damage to your paint work and actually burn through the paint if you dont know what you're doing with a rotary buffer and arent careful with it . Its virtually impossible to do this with a porter cable because its random orbit mechanism which means there's never constant pressure on the same point unlike the rotary

106 GTi
Carefull on panel edges, dont get the paint to hot. Select the pad and polish carefully.