ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rough Idle but revs good

Paulstewart20

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio sport cup 172
Hi, Last year I bought an 182 engine minus the cams and inlet (i assumed throttle bodies were used before) so I fitted my 172 cam and inlet, I snapped the dipstick so I took the sump off tpo replace it and found some arp bolts and a billet fly wheel had been fitted, This engine went in and idle was lumpy almost a metal knock sound occasionally when revs drop quite low but when revved it sounds good so i dont think any contact is being made anywhere and I have done a track day too but still this rough idle, is there a breather that needs blocking or was it because it had throttle bodies on before or does it need a map i'm open to suggestions and also I would like to get it mapped and set up properly can anyone come to me to do this? Im in gloucestershire I have heard of efi but they are 3 hours away too far for a car that is trailered everywhere