ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Royal Purple Gearbox oil - any good??

I'm looking into the confusing world of gearbox oil for my 172 Cup, to try and help protect it on trackdays etc. My local (and very well respected) tuner is trying to sell me Royal Purple. Just interested to hear anyone's experiences using this oil, or has anyone got any other solid recommendations? Thanks,
Chris

172 ph1 2.4 transit
One of the best oil manufactures at the moment heard really good things about them from the states

Lionel Richie
Yeah its good, there's other options that are just as good though

reline shockproof, ok massive overkill for a clio but its what i would use

Lionel Richie
without going into techical chatter

same protection, less drag therefore more power to the wheels, and people chase 3bhp by fitting silly airfilters, i do wonder

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Did Stu do a system for you on ur clio mate? Quality guy he is, Very clever aswell! He allways tells me about the purple when im up lol

Silver Clio 172 Phase 1
without going into techical chatter

same protection, less drag therefore more power to the wheels, and people chase 3bhp by fitting silly airfilters, i do wonder
What would you recommend, normal, lightweight, superlightweight Redline shockproof?
Also will the thinness of the oil mean its more likely to leak through worn seals etc? As i've heard that its common dor the clio's gearbox's to leak a little bit?