ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RR Print out does it Look Correct

Impreza P1
To all the people that know about RR print out's had this one done a year ago just with a Pipercross Viper Induction Kit on Cup. Does it look right and are they about the right sort of gains to see from just an Induction kit.

Cheers

Kris

Comments welcome

RR 2.jpg

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172
Mate, im in the process of sorting major hassles from these guys over work done on my car.
200brake cam conversion they say by their graph is 198bhp. However ive been to FOUR other different rollers now and they ALL say my car is running between 175-180bhp.
Ive spoken to the guy who set up their rollers, he says they are using all the latest software and they were 100% happy with it when it was set up.
So my conclusion to please them would have to be that everyone elses rollers up and down the country are out!
Like f*ck they are. He did say though, there are various ways where you could possibly change the results
Amother thing as well-
Try a little test for yourself
Ring up a couple of rolling roads up and down the country and they will tell you the laws of physics state a rolling road SHOULD cross at 5252rpm.
Here is my graph after the work was completed
BBtuningpostCams.jpg

172 Cup SOLD
I had mine rolling roaded on a Dyno Dynamics Rolling Road(surrey rolling road) which are pretty much the most accurate rollers and best in the business, with a silenced decat and viper (without CAF last summer). Granted it was hot, but I got 169.1 @ the fly, which personally i was pretty pleased at, especially with the temperature.

Now i've replaced the silenced decat with a yozzasport decat, k-tec stealth and also fitted an r-sport, in ideal temperatures i'd like to see it 180bhp but think i'd be very lucky for much more so i'd say your reading was quite high.

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172
tracknroad1-1.jpg

My results from the firsy rollers i went on after the cams were fitted. The guys there ALL said they could tell by the line that runs straight that the cam timing is out!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
There is an issue with dyno dynamics too...Can't remember what it is. But they all read low!

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172
TorqueDevelopments06.jpg

This is a result from a place visited second. Now these rollers are very different as the wheels are removed and the power figures are taken directly from the hubs.
They say estimating around 18%losses the car is running at most 175-180bhp!

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172
Bit strange Chris how your rolling road graph&mine from the same place look near on identical???

Impreza P1
Cheers guys for the comments , not overly fussed about the graph as it was done on the RR day that was featured in PGTI , May time last year with about 40 other Clio's. So if mine is incorrect god knows what all the other Graphs are like.

Maybe ill just have it RR'd at Sanspeed near me now the Cat Back has been fitted and get a Re-map at the same time.

Cheers anyway :D

Turbos.
Cheers guys for the comments , not overly fussed about the graph as it was done on the RR day that was featured in PGTI , May time last year with about 40 other Clio's. So if mine is incorrect god knows what all the other Graphs are like.

Maybe ill just have it RR'd at Sanspeed near me now the Cat Back has been fitted and get a Re-map at the same time.

Let me know when you do this as i might join you!

BB's graphs wont intersect at 5252 because the torque and bhp scales are different.

if you take the calculations from torque and convert to bhp it is correct, however that doesnt mean their actual readings are correct.

I've been on a Dyno Dynamics When I had the stage 2 and there is a lot of talk on the forums about how Courtneys and Superchips rollers read 20bhp higher on adverage BUT the Dyno Dynamics is ment to be the most accurate in the business so what do you want accuracy or 'pub talk' numbers

Personaly I could'nt care less about what different dynos read just pick one get it dyno'd before you map mod ect then get it redyno'd on the same machine with the same inlet air temp and cross check the results

One machine is not 'right' another is not 'wrong' just different so pick one and stay with it

Of course if you want 'pub' numbers don't pick Dyno Dynamics...

;-)

lift number 1 @ btm
powerstation in tewekesbury have to be one of the best, they have a dyno cell which is climate controlled.
best of all they are nothing to do with renaults, so they are not trying to sell you anyhing.

Impreza P1

Let me know when you do this as i might join you!

Ok mate will do ;)

172 ph1
Looking at jph172's graphs, they all have broadly similar shapes.

Three of them line up with the torque peaks and troughs at around the same rpm, whereas one of them is 1000rpm higher up the scale.

I don't think anyone needs three guesses which is the odd one out!

Did you change anything between the runs?

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172
No changes Skinner. Just all with a cam package that SHOULD be roughly 200bhp!
Surrey rolling road is suppose to be a very accurate machine&going by all the results id like to bet money on it.
As i said thou track n road guys all agreed the cam timing is way out&the car is seriously overfuelling.