ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS 182 Passenger Xenon stopped working..

Evening All

The passenger side Xenon on my 182 has stopped working. I have checked the wiring and earth etc seems to be ok and power there. Is there a way I can tell if its the bulb or the balast box??

Thanks

Chris

If its the bulb it would of gone a pinky colour first and then gone, if its the ballast it might of gone straight away or flickered and then gone. Have you checked the fuse?

I've got a spare xenon ballast if you want it, £40 posted.

Can also check by swapping the ballasts from one headlight to the other.

Thanks for the reply Jon.G are both headlights fused separately? As the drivers side Xenon is still working..

For headlight removal is it a matter of removing the bumper to gain access to bolts as I've only found one on the headlight / bonnet slam panel..

Thanks

I shall try swapping the Ballast Jon and if mine is shot I shall snap your hand off for yours.. Do I have to be careful with the voltage going through the Ballast??

Think the are both different ones, but double check first on the passenger side of the dash. Yep, bumper removal jobbie. There is a guide on here if you don't know how to do it. archlines either side then bolt under the arch liner, then the grill and a few more under the bumper. but can be done without doing the lower ones. Each headlight unit has 3 bolts as well.

When changing the ballast make sure you have the correct torx driver T15 or T20 i think and simply swap them and check they work/dont work before putting the bumper back on.