ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS 197 CD player upgrade - fitting concerns

I bought a 1DIN Pioneer unit that can directly interface with my Ipod or with an USB drive (with properly encoded music and directory structure) and tried to fit it into the 1DIN standard slot of my car. Some problems are present tho:

Even though the Pioneer unit is a standard 1DIN model, it has an ISO wiring adapter attached to it at the back of the unit. This poses a problem since the standard unit has ISO compatible jacks in it and they are angled upwards, where as the Pioneer has it's connector angled backwards. This adds an inch or two to the length of the unit and unfortunately it does not fit into the dash.

I bet people have somehow worked around this, since there appears to be some space on top of the 1DIN slot (in the midst of the AC control unit) where the wires could be housed. The problems is, I don't know how to reach it since access to the wires becomes impossible after the unit has been slided to the slot. The logical way probably would be to dismantle the glovebox and see the unit can be reached through there. Suggestions how to proceed are more than welcomed.

clio III dyn s 106 hp
You can take the glovebox out very easily just need a 20 torx screwdriver. Then you can get at the back of the radio.