ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS 200 Raider Stealth Grey #3/50

Had a deep clean today, had all the wheels off washed the arches out, polished the calipers and interlagos's,

seeing as though i had the wheels of i test fitted some speedlines off my brothers LY200 and they just looked wrong, but I couldn't believe how light the speedlines are compared to the raider wheels

35676492693_5a54a8ae42_b.jpg

36316646392_c3811b18a3_b.jpg

We tried the 18"s on jacks car and they looked brilliant, the 25mm spacers pushed them out on the front to much but they looked perfect at the back
36316646252_06e1a044cb_b.jpg

35649740724_fb5ed5f5b7_b.jpg

Also wired the left rear fog light in, as Renault went to all the trouble of putting fittings and bulbs in, but didn't fancy running a wire across

Last edited:
I do like the Raider! How did you go about wiring in the NS fog light. Just a wire from the block on the OS to NS?

Yeah thats correct mate, I just joined into the green wire on the OS using one of these and tucked the wire along the gap between the bumper and the boot to the NS to which there is a blank in the connector for the fog light I pulled the blank out and just exposed a 5mm of the copper and pushed it into the connector, there is no terminal in the connector for it but I just splayed the copper out a little and trimmed any excess so it didn't touch/short in any of the other terminals, very easy 10 minute job

STEALTH RAIDER
Thanks mate, have to put the effort in otherwise it will start to get tatty around the edges, which in turn makes you fall out with it :D

If you ever run out of the pre wax cleaner fluid, just use normal glass cleaner mate, has the same make up but without the heafty price tag ;) Been using it for 6 months on mine now without no changes.

Ged

PD130 Peach
wish my dad bought my car wax and not socks... You pick your cars well, and this is my first post in months! I could lick your car...but it might damage the paint :p

Last edited:
wish my dad bought my car wax and not socks... You pick your cars well, and this is my first post in months! I could lick your car...but it might damage the paint :p

Haha well you need a decent pair of sock for your line of work, cheers mate, we just wait for the right ones to come up, haha knocked you out of hibernation did it

you could give it ago I've got plenty of wax to protect it first haha

Megane R26
Passed you tonight Glenn near Shell garage near Thornaby industrial estate, I was in the black 265 - cracking looking car you've got there and plate looks good too

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
I love these raiders so much. Look so purposeful and subtle.

Probably only 200 id consider. Love it.

Megane R26
Cheers jonny, The 265 looked superb, very stealthy but unmissable at the same time, I saw it a mile off, think we both seen each other straight away

Cheers Glenn, like you say spotted you coming off the roundabout - I've seen pics of your car on Meganesport when there was a meet in Redcar and wondered if I'd ever see your car around

Cheers Glenn, like you say spotted you coming off the roundabout - I've seen pics of your car on Meganesport when there was a meet in Redcar and wondered if I'd ever see your car around

I'm on Meganesport:eek: simon must of put them on, im always going between Stockton and Redcar as i work up Preston Farm and my girlfriend lives in Stockton,

how long have you had the megane cant say i've seen it around before

Megane R26
I'm on Meganesport:eek: simon must of put them on, im always going between Stockton and Redcar as i work up Preston Farm and my girlfriend lives in Stockton,

how long have you had the megane cant say i've seen it around before

Yeah it was Simon who put them on - I would've come to that meet in Redcar recently but couldn't make it. I've had the meg since February, I used to have a black r26. I had an early finish the night I saw you which is why I was around at that time

Got the cleaning gear out again today, gave my new pot of wax ago aswell went on a treat so easy to work with, also fitted a Eibach pro kit, in dire need of some spacers now, but all prep'd for hartside tomorrow :smile:
36485190935_f2ba663c6b_b.jpg
35676634583_78861f7e44_b.jpg

Last edited:
​Small mod

the raider comes with red stitching on the steering wheel and as its cup packed, red calipers, but the sport mats are yellow so i decided to get the sharpie out and colour the stitching in which worked very well, and suit the car so much better than the yellow ones
9283822741_0a65160856_b.jpg

Clio RS 200 Raider
I know you have only just got it. Do you have any problems with the alloys, seats or even the performance? The reason I'm asking is that I have 18/50 and had it since new and had only done 6,000 miles before the alloys started to corrode and the leather seat started to wear and now I have performance issues and it's only done 10,500 miles.

I know you have only just got it. Do you have any problems with the alloys, seats or even the performance? The reason I'm asking is that I have 18/50 and had it since new and had only done 6,000 miles before the alloys started to corrode and the leather seat started to wear and now I have performance issues and it's only done 10,500 miles.

Well I've nearly done 7k in it now,

I'm going to get the wheels refurbed due to the previous owner putting small kerb marks in them, they have been touched in for now and you can barley tell, they haven't corroded but, I've had that problem on a clio GT and got the full lot replaced by Renault as they couldn't match the paint,

The seats are still mint I'm very carful with the seats as I wear jeans every day for work, but there is no signs of wear, I also regularly use leather cleaner on them to keep them supple,

And as for performance, I have a flat spot but that is due to fitting a new exhaust system, to which I am getting a remap to sort that out, but my brother has a rs200 and so does a friend and it is no slower than either of them

Should get it in to reanult ASAP

Clio RS 200 Raider
I've had it Renault twice and all they do is give me the run around.

I've had a rolling road done on it by an independent garage and its only kicking out 184.1 bhp, this one if defo slower than the last 200 I had :(

I've had a rolling road done on it by an independent garage and its only kicking out 184.1 bhp, this one if defo slower than the last 200 I had :(

It maybe worth trying a different dealership, you have to be very firm with them as they will try and get out of any little thing, it maybe worth getting your timing checked too

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200

My standard 200 is running 186.4Bhp off indi rollers, very similar. There were 2 others that were done at the same time and one was a horse power more. And one a horse power less. Sounds about right

Clio RS 200 Raider
I understand what your saying but I paid for a 200 bhp sport not a 184.1 bhp sport and if I knew I was only going to get a 184.1, I would have spent the 22K on something else. Even the the company that was going to do a remap to 210 bhp won't even touch it as they don't think its right either.

GTD, Lupo
I understand what your saying but I paid for a 200 bhp sport not a 184.1 bhp sport and if I knew I was only going to get a 184.1, I would have spent the 22K on something else. Even the the company that was going to do a remap to 210 bhp won't even touch it as they don't think its right either.

With a little research you would have found out that all RenaultSport Clios have never made book figures. Spending 22k on a Clio even if it had 200 bhp is crazy if you ask me!