ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS Clio xenons - what colour (k) are they?

As title, what colour in k are the standard-fit xenons as fitted to Clios?

4300k?
6000k?
8000k?

I'm looking at aftermarket HID kits are always liked the colour of the light on my old 172, would like to try and replicate the same colour if possible.

Cheers
Ally

Monaco Ph2 Clio 172
My guess would be 6000k ish. They are too blue for 4300k. My old astra had 8000k which were a deeper blue than the clio has.

Clio 182
Yep, 4300k! It's not the bulb that makes it look a real deep purple, it's the glass ball or projector!

Cheers folks, 4300k it is then.

It's just wrong rollin' in a BMW without xenons, these are the next best thing...

tiTTy & SV650
Need a hand fitting? We did alright last time we ripped a bumper off one of your cars!

xenons on motorbikes look bizarre!

Not got a car
The colour is down to the Kelvin rating

China_Special_color_HID_Lamp_pink_b.gif

Clio 182
Yeesh i know that much ;), i meant some people think it's the bulb itself that gives off the purple light, when it's not!!

Tbh, anythinks over 6000k and your just asking to be pulled over! Plus 8-10,000k kits just look like the cheap nasty blue bulbs from Halfrauds imo! And there is no way that colour chart is correct, 12,000k should be a deep violet colour, not a sky blue :rasp:

edit; more like the colours...

Hidguide.jpg

Last edited:
Need a hand fitting? We did alright last time we ripped a bumper off one of your cars!

xenons on motorbikes look bizarre!
PMSL:
2007-10-20Towbarpic3.gif

Nah, it seems this is a "go in through the access panel in the wheelarch" affair, shouldn't be too much hassle. Just deciding whether to go for these or not...

ST
Ones on the Bini are stupidly bright!!

But as above most cars come wi 4300k, that said the ones on my mini may actually be more as bmh said..

Ones on the Bini are stupidly bright!!

But as above most cars come wi 4300k, that said the ones on my mini may actually be more as bmh said..
What colour was in your R27 Alan? HIDs Direct?

I'm investigating if I can get a kit for my van too because the lights in that are borderline dangerously dim...

Yep, look too much like the cheapo bulbs from Halfrauds, only like a guzillion times brighter!!

Prefer the OEM look of the 4300/6000k kits, plus they give out better light too :)

Pish, you can tell the difference between 8000K HIDS and imitation bulbs a mile off.