ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS Megane 225

Trader Rating - 100%
19   0   0
  340i
That is about right... :)

The 225's are a lot of car for the money now they have taken a dive in price!

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Fiesta ST-2
Just like the 182s are dropping, might jump ship before they sink! Theyre quite fast after a stage 1 remap? What's fuel economy like compared with a 1*2?

Trader Rating - 100%
19   0   0
  340i
standard they do about 22 - 25mpg.. with a stage 1 map you see 30mpg (driving steady)

A full tank of Vpower, £60 will see me 320 miles of mixed driving in my r26 :)

If going on a long journey I can easily see 400~ miles to a tank

Trader Rating - 100%
5   0   1
in that exact spec i think there was only 4 cars made, or that was the ph2, so ph1 will be just as rare.

scary how cheap they are now, i've lost so much money... hey ho not about that i suppose.

lovely cruiser/fastroad spec there, lovely. cam and aux done, flush oils, stg 1 and braided hoses... you got SO much car there.

Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  tiTTy & SV650
clutch replacements are common on the RS Meganes I believe, dual mass flywheel / clutch setup.

Trader Rating - 100%
5   0   1
running alot of torque, they are crap, dual mass, people ride them, french, mapping eats them if you dont know what your doing... the usual fella, much like vee's eat coils.

Trader Rating - 100%
14   0   0
  BMW M135i
Thats about the right price for that age/miles. Its not cup chassis'd though its too early for that! Heated seats are rare mind, although i'm not so keen on the look of the full leather on the ph1. Personally coming from a 1*2 you at least want a cupped one or you'll be dissapointed imo.

Why is that though?
DMF Flywheel fails rather than the clutch 9 times out of 10. Had to replace mine at 52k, nothing wrong with the clutch but the flywheel had failed.

Trader Rating - 100%
5   0   1
i wouldnt ever let it put you off buying one though, maybe i was a little ott in hindsight, mines had one replacement and is on 55k.. plus its had been RAGGED on stg 2... so they arent that bad, plus alot of single mass units are coming out now for them.

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
13   0   0
i would say its a nice car and cup wheels make it nicer looking.
i would agree with ben if comeing from a 172 cup you will find handling disapointing as i did when i got mine but i lowered it and now all is fine.
cambelt is a must to make sure its done also the hub bearing can seize up cause steering problems. window faults
and water leaks into the interior are common.
but mine puts a smile on my face but in a different way to my 172

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Fiesta ST-2
Mines not a cup, doesnt have cup pack but has sportlines and whiteline ARB. I'd get springs on the Megane and stage 1 remap, that should keep me happy for awhile hopefully.