ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS MK3 Killer?? (207 GTI)

Peugeot 207 RC!!

foxx13_1132762838_carportalpic226830to.jpg

Vee dub
For some reason they never seem to directly rival the Renaultsports?

Theyr nice but seem to be lacking power etc

Tom

Clio 197
Cool... exactly what we need - competition.

I'd buy it - if it's lighter than the MK3 RS (and has the new Cooper S engine in it).

Dirty E91
Saw the pics inAuto Express yesterday, looks ok, the 205 GTI 180 never looked aggresive enough.

And tuning "should" be easier, turbo's always respond well to relatively cheap mods. Induction and exhaust and a remap and you may see more than you would ploughing £3k into the renaults N/A lump. If the boys at pug have a return to form this car has lots of potential, certainly blows the new clio out of the water in terms of looks.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Loony said:
looks great but has alot to live upto after the 206gti and gti180 falling woefully short.

There nout init between a GTi180 and a 172...i had a play with one one...

AJRMOTORSPORT said:

No offence but either he had messed with his or you've a slow 172!

I had a test-drive of one a while back...wasn't impressed then stepped back into my valver and even it would have whooped the gti's ass. About the only thing nice in them is the seats (IMO).

cock mobile.
Looks awful and they do need to do something special after the 206 Gti was so poor.

Going to be a long wait before you can buy one of them though!

it won't look like that sadly, arches are too flared, you never see cars liek that on the road anymore

i'd be happy with it looking like that with the tuneable 1.6 T lump. would be a better option than the 190bhp f4r in a fat overweight clio IMO

please peugeot, make it handle too :)

Vee dub
u33db said:

I had a test-drive of one a while back...wasn't impressed then stepped back into my valver and even it would have whooped the gti's ass. About the only thing nice in them is the seats (IMO).

Yours standard?

I'm not so sure a standard valver could stay with a gti 180? :S

Vee dub
Tucks said:
Depends how bad a mood your in.........

It would be pure anger and slamming those revs lol

Nah I doubt I could keep up with one in YOJ tbh

Williams, probably a different matter Tucker

Tom

TomS said:
Yours standard?

I'm not so sure a standard valver could stay with a gti 180? :S

Cam'd/chipped/no PAS/willy track at the time but still a suppossed 20bhp down on the GTI...they must be heavy or a s**t engine?

BMW M3
AJRMOTORSPORT said:

Strange that cause i had a play with one and was expecting more from it..... I started pulling away after a while. Aparently the gearing is sh*te in them but cant really comment as i have never driven one.

Was sure it was a 180 as it had a badge but yet he might of put that there for visual reasons...lol

u33db said:

Me and my bro (CTR) were out for a blast and we came across a 180 GTi. There was a ball hair (if that) between the CTR and 180. So trust me a standard valver wouldn't get close. We all stopped and had a chat and took some pics...

http://www.btinternet.com/~paulj.ewing/cars/cupctr180.jpg

Neil82cup said:
Me and my bro (CTR) were out for a blast and we came across a 180 GTi. There was a ball hair (if that) between the CTR and 180. So trust me a standard valver wouldn't get close. We all stopped and had a chat and took some pics...

http://www.btinternet.com/~paulj.ewing/cars/cupctr180.jpg

As i said, my 16v wasn't standard - i estimate it would have been putting out a good 160-odd bhp at the time. Despite a 20bhp deficit i still feel it would have taken the GTI180...as would my sisters std 172 so how people rate them close to a CTR/1x2 i don't know...?

2004 1.2 Dynamique
Saw this yesterday in autoexpress, fuckin hate 206's everyones copying renault now making 180break cars, wel probs see a corsa and a saxo with big engines in them soon