ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS performance stud kit

Clio rs 200
Hi,

Firstly merry Xmas!!!!

I have been searching the net as you do for weeks now trying to find help/information/advice/opinions on a stud conversion I am planning on doing

I own a Renault RS Clio 4 Trophy, I live in wales I do not plan on tracking it very much if at all the reason for the conversion is because I am installing the anniversary body kit to the car so I need to run rear spacers 12mm and front spacers 18mm

Now the body kit is is obviously Renault RS performance, Also the stud conversion kit + spacer is also made by Renault RS performance and what seems to be good quality.

https://rsc.oreca-store.com/fr/wheel-spacer-and-stud-kit-for-clio-iv-r-s-rspkegc200220.html

The 2 things I am trying to find out is in the installation guide you will see at step 8 it clearly states torque the stud to 80nm is this not excessive? Every other company that seems to make a kit like this one states to torque to 25-30 ft lbs which is around 55nm why would this be so different? The second thing is would there be any reason these wouldn't be good for normal road use by my wife that drives very conservatively? And not that many miles?

Thanks
Untitled (2).png
Untitled2 (2).png
Untitled4 (2).png
Untitled4 (2).png

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I'd be applying a stud lock and just nipping to around 30nm. Do they not have an Allen key hole on the end? All you're really wanting to do is bottom the stud out.

Once you refit the wheels and torque to 100nm+ you'll also be putting a force into the stud but it shouldn't go anywhere as it's already bottoming out.

Clio rs 200
I'd be applying a stud lock and just nipping to around 30nm. Do they not have an Allen key hole on the end? All you're really wanting to do is bottom the stud out.

Once you refit the wheels and torque to 100nm+ you'll also be putting a force into the stud but it shouldn't go anywhere as it's already bottoming out.
Hi

Thanks for the reply that is what I thought. So ignore the instructions? no if you look at the pictures I posted you have to do the double nut method

thecrim22

ClioSport Club Member
  various
have you tried emailing the company and clarifying that its 80nm and not a typo? theres maybe a reason that they want the studs that tight.

Clio rs 200
have you tried emailing the company and clarifying that its 80nm and not a typo? theres maybe a reason that they want the studs that tight.
Hi

Yeah I have emailed them but no replies most probably Xmas and all that. Just thought I would, ask, here see, what you guys thought

thecrim22

ClioSport Club Member
  various
personally i wouldnt have thought 80nm as being too excessive as generally wheel nuts and studs are normally circa 110nm it maybe due to the expansion and contraction rate of the alloy spacers?? just a guess?

thecrim22

ClioSport Club Member
  various
yeah but when people use it on things that are supposed to be removable then its a pain in the arse