ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS pet hates

172 Ph1
I know we all love our rs's but what pet hates do you have if any?

For me...

1. Trying to drive her after u been out in the rain! Sitting there drying your feet so you don't slip of the pedals, an end up in the back of the car in front!

2. Renault not putting a light in the glovebox, i mean there is one in the asytray so why not in the glovebox!?! (is this just on the ph 1?)

Jag Mondeo -Type
Even my poverty spec has a glovebox light, imagine how any more grams they could of saved, not to mention about a quid off the rrp

Oh and I don't like the driving position.

cock mobile.
Renault releasing a new spec / options 3 minutes after you've had your car delivered.

ALBI 197 Sonic MKII
1. Cost of genuine parts.

2. No 6th gear. Driving long journeys on the motorway sucks.

3. Orange lights in all spec. Why not a nice white set for the sport models?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
this :(

ziu9vez.jpg

Poor build quality.
Slow.
Expensive parts, servicing.
Cheap now, so now becoming a chav chariot.
Overated.
And the most annoying thing is the great cup vs full fat debate...............................................................

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Cleaning the wheels, difficult gear change when cold. Unreachable seat adjustment lever. - Reno dealers having NO idea what a V6 is!

A4 Avant
I hate how high it revs on the motorway at 70. It needs a 6th gear, but I'm sure if it did Renault would just have shorter ratios and keep 6th the same as the current 5th.

Apart from that, theres not much I hate about it.

Keyless entry like meg and ne wclio would be nice though.

Mondeo TDCI 130
I hate how high it revs on the motorway at 70. It needs a 6th gear, but I'm sure if it did Renault would just have shorter ratios and keep 6th the same as the current 5th.

Apart from that, theres not much I hate about it.

Keyless entry like meg and ne wclio would be nice though.

but then you would be able to say, "my keyless entry never works!"

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Poor build quality.
Slow.
Expensive parts, servicing.
Cheap now, so now becoming a chav chariot.
Overated.
And the most annoying thing is the great cup vs full fat debate...............................................................

Slow against what? In its time early to mid 2000's nothing in its class came close?

Mondeo TDCI 130
I think the entire car is a bag of s**te.

just yours ;) Sems like you got a raped example, mine have been mint!!!!

Yeah, you are unlucky, Andy my foremans exclusive has done 90K, gets raped from cold, never had a problem, all he has replaced other than service items is a aux belt tensioner.
Gaz's cup, touching every bit of wood in the place, never had a problem either, other than a steering rack, bit worn! and the 182 seems good!!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
It's the annoying little things that get to me, and my opinion of a good car must be higher ;)

BMW M135i
My only real complain is how it drives like a complete fecking dog from cold, other than that nothing really. Though i'm sure once i've done the aux/cambelt i'll have more things to add lol.

I've had three clios i'm a row now so i'm pretty used to the other little "quirks" of it.

Octy vRS & Ninja 650
Obviously the driving, and sounding like a bag of spanners when cold
The Rattles and squeaks
Catching the front splitter on everything, even though mine isnt even lowered
The AC coming on on climate control when I dont want it to

But I still love the car to bits though!

For all those moanig about things - i.e. it's too slow etc.

Why not just sell it & buy a faster car ?? You can get a lot faster for the price of a 172/182 these days.

Scirocco GT 210
^^^^ I am as soon as I can afford one. :rasp: :eek:

Pet hates:

Car feels like it's going to fall to pieces
rattles
squeaks
more rattles
hate the steering wheel - too big and made of putty.

It's got an MOT next week, I'm sure i'll hate more of it after that!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

Why not just sell it & buy a faster car ?? You can get a lot faster for the price of a 172/182 these days.

Exactly. They aint slow, my mums 1.3 fiesta is slow. They are an awesome package straight out of the box imo. What other petrol performance car handles well, goes well and returns over 30mpg?

Can't be many?

R26r R26

Ditto.
Good little car for what it costs to run.If you want a quicker car buy an Evo or a Scooby but se how much more it costs to run.

• Weird Gearstick position.
  • Wipers go the wrong way.
  • The last wipe of the wipers about 10 seconds after what should be the last wipe so the screen gets all blurry again.
  • No 6th gear.
  • Weak bonnet.
  • Lumpy when cold.

Da

Less
My only real hate is the seating position, too high and slightly offset!
Other than that I love it to be honest! :D