ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS Subframe, is non RS the same dimensions

www.renparts.co.uk
Hi chaps, just wondering if i drill a hole for the bottom mount can i fit a non RS subframe to an RS? As some people seem to suggest its a different size and means the car cant be tracked up right?
thanks
josh

BMW M135i
Same as far as I know, only the hole for the 4th mounts it missing and the rs frame is supposadly strenghtened.

alien green rs133
rs's have a front gearbox mount dont they?
if i run rs
wishbones, driveshafts, hubs, struts and anti roll bar

same track as rs

are the link rods on steering rack longer?

yeah, i think they most definatley are....its the same on valver/williams

valver rack isnt really wide enough to take the williams widetrack, but saying that 90% of people just wind the track rod ends out until its long enough....hardly any thread remains holding it in though, not ideal....

not sure if its the same on mk2's, but i wouldnt put it past renault...

and yeah, they have the 4th/front gearbox mount

alien green rs133
yeah, i think they most definatley are....its the same on valver/williams

valver rack isnt really wide enough to take the williams widetrack, but saying that 90% of people just wind the track rod ends out until its long enough....hardly any thread remains holding it in though, not ideal....

not sure if its the same on mk2's, but i wouldnt put it past renault...

and yeah, they have the 4th/front gearbox mount

mint my gearbox dont have front mount :approve:
new shorter shopping list :D

Lionel Richie
dimensions are the same, the RS unit is double skinned in places and has the 4th mounting hole (lower box mount)