ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

rs thumb grips - rubber/latex filler?

Artic Blue Clio 182 05
has anyone ever looked into rubber or latex filler,

just sounds a simpleish solution to the annoying problem.

just thinking of injection moulding can remember doing it in Technologyy at school

quite simple if u can get the mould right.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Been a few attempts by various people to fix the thumb grips .

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=366790&highlight=182+thumb+grips

62451341lx6.jpg

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=377652&highlight=182+thumb+grips

"Navy" N17 TWO
That would be good if it worked & didn't make much of a mess

Pics from that thread are really good ^ need some of that
Someone made a set out of fibreglass & painted them too, and then there were Carbon ones on the site as well :)

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I remember the painted fibreglass ones , i could be arsed searchin for the post though lol .

Artic Blue Clio 182 05
K-tec are doing carbon ones as part of a wheel retrim. Not cheap though.

how much u talking? and when u say re-trim, do u mean all the lot has to be re-trimmed and then the thumb grips are added as part of this service.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Chances are, if you get the carbon thumbgrips you will need your wheel retrimmed too as they are made from cheap crap that melts in the sun :dead:

Black Gold Trophy
Yeah I was thinking about doing mine in alcantara though, looking at the pictures of K-tec's one, I'm not entirely convinced on the quality of the work, theres loads of creases all over the place. Call me picky but for £200 + VAT I want to be happy!