ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rs tuner abs software issue

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Rear right it allows me to bleed but any of the other i get an error when i try to activate the actuator.

Any ideas people ?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Seen someone have the same problem before and they contacted Henk and he managed to find a way to get around the error.

Works fine on mine weirdly, so not sure what's different between our system.

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Seen someone have the same problem before and they contacted Henk and he managed to find a way to get around the error.

Ive used the software on my old iceberg and bled all 4 , i had a feeling i had to go out the software and reconnect everytime but tried that aswell , rear righy it will activate but any other comes up with an error , im using a pressure bleeder , i know you need 15 psi or above which i have

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Ive used the software on my old iceberg and bled all 4 , i had a feeling i had to go out the software and reconnect everytime but tried that aswell , rear righy it will activate but any other comes up with an error , im using a pressure bleeder , i know you need 15 psi or above which i have

Yeah I don't think it's pressure related as I've done it without any pressure before.

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Yeah I don't think it's pressure related as I've done it without any pressure before.
I did disconnect the sensors and reconnected but if a sensor was bad that would come up as a fault surely. Wonder who it was who had a similar issue ,i cant remember if i had issues when i did it in the past initially. Annoying , these clio's are testing my patience 😤

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172

I have emaied henk , years ago mine didnt work and think he sent me something , nothing has changed apart from my stuff has been fitted into my white shell , getting a soft pedal on ignition so assume still lots of air in the system . Pedal felt fairly hard before ignition , would you bleed the same caliper over and over using the rs tuner to try get air out ?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
I have emaied henk , years ago mine didnt work and think he sent me something , nothing has changed apart from my stuff has been fitted into my white shell , getting a soft pedal on ignition so assume still lots of air in the system . Pedal felt fairly hard before ignition , would you bleed the same caliper over and over using the rs tuner to try get air out ?

Has the system been dry for a while?

If it has it will take quite a bit to bleed it.

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Has the system been dry for a while?

If it has it will take quite a bit to bleed it.
Yeah , i to fit lines of my old silver clio to this and actually the master cylinder came with the white shell. Would you keep opening one caliper with the software and pump a fair bit through before moving onto thr next caliper ? I think i did about 2 goes each time before moving on but that was obviously not enough.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Yeah , i to fit lines of my old silver clio to this and actually the master cylinder came with the white shell. Would you keep opening one caliper with the software and pump a fair bit through before moving onto thr next caliper ? I think i did about 2 goes each time before moving on but that was obviously not enough.

I would get the 5L bottle of Pagid fluid from Euro Car Parts and go round the car starting with the longest line first which is the driver's side rear, then passenger rear and so on.

Just keep going round doing that until it's air free.

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Funny enough i had ordered 5 litres , went around all 4 calipers tonight then got my mate to sit in the car and push the pedal and open the actuators on the rs tuner , all good now 👍