ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS Tuner advice

Yozza'd Titanium 182
Ok heard quite abit about this, i have been on the search button but can't find much/all the information im after. Basically I will be collecting the 182 very very soon and the RS tuner is something im interested in.

Just a couple of things.

1.) how much bhp / power does it incease by?
2.) has anyone done it before and can vouch that its noticable / worth it?
3.) how do you go about doing it, is it easy, time consuming?
4.) i presume you tell you insurance, does it make much differance?

Any help would be appritiated!
Thanks

SchwepTek™
1. BHP = NONE, however low down torque, better idle, cold start and higher rev limit = WIN
2. Loads of people have done it. Worth it = YES
3. EASY = takes minutes, comes with very easy to follow guide.
4. Insurance is up to you but didnt affect mine.

Yozza'd Titanium 182
So how do you go about doing it then??

When you low down the torque what does that do? and what do you mean about the better idle cold start and higher rev imit??

Thanks!

So how do you go about doing it then??

When you low down the torque what does that do? and what do you mean about the better idle cold start and higher rev imit??

Thanks!
Fpmsl !!! and you work with cars ??

Basically, more torque lower down the rev range means it'll be quicker at lower revs, you won't have to wait for it to get going etc.

SchwepTek™
LOL! Yeh as Craig says.

Idle is really rough standard and 182s handle like heaps of s**t when cold so this helps.

You do it by loading software on a laptop and plugging one end into the USB port and the other end into the cars OBD port under the cigarette lighter tray.

Then u download the original map as a backup and upload the new one.

Yozza'd Titanium 182
lol i dont work with cars, i did for a short while when i was 16!!! 5 years ago rofl

the whole computer thing seems abit tricky, is it as simple as your saying? i dont think id tell insurance thb

tbh a lot of people seem to buy the RS Tuner units and then never need them again! You can usually pick one up for good money in the car parts for sale section.

172 cup
it is all just click of the mouse though mate, someone said 5 clicks to having your car re-mapped from saving your old one to uploading new + a calc

Yozza'd Titanium 182
hmm if thats the case it may be worth considering, so basically your just tuning the engine and the acceleration will be quicker and hold its revs longer...

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
With an attitude like that, I hope it f**king does, as your driving down the road just after picking the keys up.

lol i dont work with cars, i did for a short while when i was 16!!! 5 years ago rofl

the whole computer thing seems abit tricky, is it as simple as your saying? i dont think id tell insurance thb
Yesterday I think it was you said you worked in a garage, regardless of that low down torque will be the same as when you worked in one (when ever you did) ;)

As already said, get the belts done before modding the thing.