ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS Tuner - Airbag Module problems

Having some problems with the airbag module on my RS Tuner - I get this error message if I try to disable a DTC on the airbag ECU : "Unable to write DTC configuration to Airbag ECU".

Also I can only lock the airbag ECU, I now cannot unlock the airbag ECU, I get a similar error message - "Unable to set airbag mode". All that seems to work is the reading of the airbag ECU DTCs.

I guess I need a new airbag ECU?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Having never used an RSTuner, I don't know what can and cannot be done but my guess is that you're trying to remove DTC's from a unit which is LOCKED after an accident. If so, you won't be able to alter the units state in any way until the crash contextual data has been removed (This cannot be done with an RSTuner or CLIP).

Can you see the units current status? If not, you may need a quick session on CLIP to confirm/deny this.

Mick

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
Hi guys if any of you still ha e this problem, unlock the rs tuner it works fine