ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

rs tuner + decat question

PH2 RS172
hi guys. would an rs tuner map iron out the flat spot on a decat? i had an rs tuned cup not too long ago but it still had the cat on. cheers

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
It'll smooth the map out across the rev range, it'll get rid of the kick around 5K rpm and give it abit more in the low to mid range.

BG Clio 182
i was wondering exactly what you replied but for a 172 mate. would it need a proper map on rollers or can the rs tuner iron it
You're gonna need a proper map mate. Some people kind themselves but get a map on the rollers buddy. RS TUNING If you can haha.

PH2 RS172
its not THAT bad. it picks up a lot quicker down low but seems to hold back slightly longer when normally accelerating from say 3k. if its being revved hard its hardly noticeable so its not the end of the world. with an rs tune i doubt it would hardly be noticeable as r3k said just wondered if the rs tuner specifically deleted issues like that or masked over them in other areas. i suppose removing the 5k kick and spreading the rev range would make it a lot better as the flat spot is mainly 3-5k which is where the 172 isnt at its best anyway

BG Clio 182
its not THAT bad. it picks up a lot quicker down low but seems to hold back slightly longer when normally accelerating from say 3k. if its being revved hard its hardly noticeable so its not the end of the world. with an rs tune i doubt it would hardly be noticeable as r3k said just wondered if the rs tuner specifically deleted issues like that or masked over them in other areas. i suppose removing the 5k kick and spreading the rev range would make it a lot better as the flat spot is mainly 3-5k which is where the 172 isnt at its best anyway
My 182 had a flatspot after my sports cat went in at about 3.5k revs. Mapped it out and changed the way it drove massively. Very big torque increase, extremely noticeable too low down. Changed the drive of the car no end!

PH2 RS172
coolio. ill have to find someone to map it properly then i think when i get some loose change. its already bled me this month with the decat / aircon delete lol. well impressed with the exhaust note though now and low end pick up :)

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
RS tuning are in Leeds, not too far from Derby and probably your best bet.

While you're there it's probably a good idea to have them check the cam timing, it's often the cause of odd/rough running and you really shouldn't have the car remapped until you know the engine is running right.