ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS Tuner - downloading maps help

Megane RS 250
I understand that the standard map is already for 98 ron as suggested in the fuel cap, but the ECU is able to run on 95...is it the same for the rstuner map?

Ph2 Flamer
20mins ago finished putting a new .cal and .rst on my mk2 ph2 flamer. OMG it drives so much better now, definitely the best upgrade for the money. Uploaded the .cal and thought i'd take her to the end of the road just to see if I could notice the difference (leaving the house unlocked), was so different I ended taking it for a blask up the motorway.

To the guy asking about putting a battery charger on the car while the batter is connected to the car. I just did it and nothing exploded but there is a warning sticker on the bonnet which says not too (it doesn't say why though). Once I had the tuner on though it was showing the battery at full charge so I took the charger off just in case it would screw the battery.
Took 15 mins to read the .rst and about 2 to read the .cal and more or less the same to write. All I can say is from my experience today if your battery is fully charged then you don't need a charger as it should easily last 20 mins while you back up (read) the files and then you can take it for a spin to charge up again and then do the write part. That said your battery might hold it's charge less well than mine or whatever so you are taking a risk if you don't have a charger.

Ph2 Flamer
IIRC seen this answered somewhere else and the answer was Yes. If you put the 98ron rs tuner map on your car and fill it up with 95ron fuel it will still work. In any case if you did notice it was a bit lethargic or you were getting detination issues with 95ron you could revert to your standard map (or buy 98ron)

Clio Trophy
Hi guys, just to support all the comments on here. I remaped on Friday using the RS Tuner and it really does make a noticeable difference. The car revs harder and you can def notice the extra torque lower down the rev range. All been said before but I was a bit sceptical if I would notice much difference buts its great.
Great service from Henk as well.

Good stuff, Nick

Megane RS 250
As soon as I receive mine I'm going to buy the performance map+license with the CS discount.
Setup: k-tec panel filter, 182 manifold, sports cat, 63 mm silenced Supersprint centre pipe, homologated 54mm Supersprint rear exhaust.

I'm going to have the car on our MAHA brake dyno (which is extremely accurate) before and after the remap and I'll post the results here, as well as a full gallery of the job. I'm very curious to see how my car perform and how it'll change with this map...

172DD Cup
overrun is the pops and bangs map. makes your exhaust pop and bang when you lift off i think, over 4500rpm. think rally car. have a search on youtube for pop and bang.

182 Bean
but does the non pop and bang do anything else?
I'm just trying to find a map that makes my clio more responsive? maybe better low end torque. increased rev limit?
I installed the "Clio 172 A300_35FF_STG1_RON98_0811.cal" that henk sent me.

Any suggestions?

2007 Clio 197
Just bought an rstuner, support seems to be non-existent, no idea where I can get a map from, there is literally just the one map available on the rstuner website for the clio 197, nothing even listed on there for the Clio 2 :S. Any ideas on how to get a performance cal? Ive tried emailing, no reply.

2007 Clio 197
I was being far too impatient! :) Henk has now answered me, sent me new software version for the ecu, updated yesterday, even without having a performance calibration on yet, the car feels better already, doesnt jump when cold in 1st and 2nd and MPG also improved.

Megane RS 250
I just connected mine to the car, I was able to take a screen with the VIN number. Is it normal that I can't read the ECU, both rst and cal files?
It says the engine temperature has to be under 50°C (it's cold) and the ignition to be turned on but the engine not running...and that's ok too.
I still have to get the license, maybe that's the reason. I'm sending the screen to Henk tomorrow morning, and I'll pay what I have to.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
I do think it needs to be unlocked to connect to the car mate.

When i do it. I plug it all in. Turn the car to the last click before ignition then click connect.

If that doesnt work you will need a code.

Sam!

Megane RS 250
I can connect but I can't read the ECU (I can't save the .rst and .cal files), I think I need the code.

225 Cup & Williams
I've read through this whole thread and I'm still stumped to what map to download :eek:
This is the info the tuner gave me.

Manufacturer: 001 Siemens Sirius 32
Part Number: 8200069303
Program Number: 00E1
Hardware Version: 8200044437
Software Version: A300
Calibration Version: 3504
Diagnose Version: 10

225 Cup & Williams
Bought the maps from Fastchip.

Got the email, downloaded the cal.

Clicked the link for the RST file, and the thing wont bloody work. Keeps saying bad path! Now got to wait for Henk to sort it out!!!

:(

Sam!

Also having this problem too. This isn't going as smoothly as I hoped it would go :mad:

182 cup
A bit a patience needed. Henk tends to get back to you at the early hours of the morning, but he gets back to you and he'll help as much as he can.
At least that's my experience (just put the 8200 series software and 98ron calibration on mine :approve: )

225 Cup & Williams
So I've managed to upload the 98 performance cal to my ph1 and all I can say is wow. It's really made a difference to my car it's got rid of the lumpy idle and the flat spot the car had also the increased rev limit is really useful when pressing on.

Big thanks to Henk he helped me through the process even if I was a bit impatient.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Another awesome "save the world" moment from Henk then :)

I'm going to get mine on tomorrow before work or Monday so hope mine goes alright!

Megane RS 250
I hope I'll be able to dyno my car tomorrow before and after the map, I've just filled up a tank of 100 ron fuel.

"Navy" N17 TWO
I've FINALLY got round to using mine and all I can make head/tail of is this

Software version 7300
Calibration Version 5410

errrm....now where do I get the new files then? :eek:

Megane RS 250
Henk anything about the map for 182 manifold+100 cpsi cat+ 63.5 mm carback exhaust+panel filter?

Megane RS 250
Still nothing about the map for the 182 manifold+63 mm exhaust.

Also, I noticed that when the car is cold it revs but iself in neutral, is it normal? It goes to 1500rpm and then back to 1000.

Clio 182 Cup
I know this thread is a little old but does anyone have the right files for this setup:
Clio 182 Cup
Software Version: 8100
Calibration Version: 7A03

I have ordered the Stage one from FastChip but the email link doesn't work just shows an error saying the file cannot be found. I am looking for the .rst and .cal files as the map currently in place is very poor as the rolling road showed at K-Tec the other weekend.