ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS Tuner/Fast Chip review now on Fastchip site

Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak
Good informative article, I've been tempted to get one for a while. Might be where some of the Christmas bonus is going early Jan!

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Thats got to be one of the best pound for pound performance mods you can get for a clio without going down the turbo route.

Saying that though, they should of tested it on one with full breathing mods etc aswell to see what difference it made to something thats not standard.

VX220
I have been thinking about buying one of these for a little while, although i wanted a little more information before i parted with my cash. This write up was really useful as searching through past posts often give mixed reviews and the information is never really that clear. I will also be waiting until the 5th jan for one.
Chris

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Seriously Lads, I couldn't have been happier with it, its by far the best bang for your buck.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Just bought one from someone on here, although not used it yet as going to hook a booster pack up to the battery whilst doing it as apparently bad times if battery goes flat whilst remapping?

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
Just bought one from someone on here, although not used it yet as going to hook a booster pack up to the battery whilst doing it as apparently bad times if battery goes flat whilst remapping?

It wouldn't be good if the battery went flat mate but i didnt bother with the charger, could be a risk but mine was fine and i dont know of any1 having any problems.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
It only took about 40 Min in total to do it when we did it for the mag, that's to download the original map as back up, Update the ECU software and instal the new map.

Ph2 172 Cup
That's it... I'm getting one.

Trouble is due to the b*llocks exchange rate it's shot up in price :mad:

Oh well, can't drive the car until Feb anyway (broken leg) so perhaps the £ will have recovered a bit by then.

Is there any other mod that offers approx 6bhp for under £200?

Iceberg 172

I read that in the RS Tuner manual, but it only said that under the Clio III and Megane II sections, so is this an issue for Clio II 172s?

-J- did you hook up to a battery charger whilst doing this?

I'm a bit worried about it because I don't think my battery's all that strong (trip meter keeps resetting), but I'm deffo down for one in the nre year too :cool:

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
I'm 100% getting one.

Am I right in thinking it is as easy as pie?!
Is it worth getting a custom map done with air filter, decat and 97 RON fuel?

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
James’s car was showing an ‘Electronic Throttle Control Limit.’ This was the legacy of a trip to his local Renault dealer to solve a coked up drive by wire throttle

They all say Electronic Throttle Control Limit - Acquired. This is a default message that is displayed. Its not an error code. But other than that this is not a bad review. It certainly didnt say any other Bull$it.

Good work

LY R26
Yeah this review has definitely won me over on getting oe asap...just a shame there not in stock :( argh.