ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rs Tuner Getting on my nerves!

225 Cup & Williams
I know there are a few threads kicking about with stuff on the rs tuner but none have a fix to my problem. I have unlocked my rs tuner connected it to the ecu entered the VIN code etc. Now when I go to read ECU it comes up saying could not obtain security access to ECU make sure the engine is turned off (ignition on) and engine is below 50 degrees celsius. My car is stone cold and I have the ignition on when I'm trying to read the ECU so I'm a bit stumped now :S anybody experienced this before?

225 Cup & Williams
Im going to mate just posting on here to see if anybody else has had this problem and if they have managed to sort it.

Im going to mate just posting on here to see if anybody else has had this problem and if they have managed to sort it.

Yeah i had this problem when mapping my mates 172 with the RS Tuner.

I checked everything, from anti virus software etc on laptop was turned off, battery charger was on the car and charging correctly, then only after 3-4 it worked

I emailed henk and said the following

" But i have a problem, i can connect fine to the car, when i come to read the ecu so ive got a backup of the ecu now, it comes with with a message saying
"INVALID CAR KEY" "

Henk emailed the following back to my problem
"Invalid car key means you cannot read a protected cal."

"Navy" N17 TWO
Not looking good - was going to plug mine into the car today but didnt get a chance yet :S

TRACK CAR BREAKING
Anyone? Henk seems to think it's a problem with my ecu but Stevo managed to sort the problem out.

@Fastchip

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a similar problem a couple of weekends ago, I had to try connecting several times and eventually it worked ok

TRACK CAR BREAKING
Did you update to the latest FW 189 ? If not , please do. Look in the download section of my webpage fastchip.nl

the problem has been found, i entered the wrong vin number in when it asked for it whilst unlocking,

Henk says i need to pay for another unlock code now to do it again!!!

the problem has been found, i entered the wrong vin number in when it asked for it whilst unlocking,

Henk says i need to pay for another unlock code now to do it again!!!

As harsh as i may sound it was your fault entering the wrong vin number:rasp:. So paying again is lesson learnt imo;)