ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rs tuner help

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
Hi i've just been getting to know my new RS tuner. Ive backed up the original ECU settings and now im looking to try some new ones.

My original seetings begin with the serial number 8000 which give me the option of running:
8100_7A03 RON98 feb2008 .cal
8200_7804 RON98 may2008 .cal
(from fast chip website)

Has anyone tried these before as im not sure which is which (top one may be group N) and also the links don't work for these two on the site at the moment. I have a 182 with K&N panel and full SS system. Am i right in thinking the group N isn't the right one for my car? (should have decat soon)

any views or help apriciated! :)

AFAIK if your car is modified, you should opt for the custom map option. Will cost you a bit extra, but that way the map will take into account the extra stuff that you have bolted on.

Megane 225
Ur car will have file 8000 7A** or 78** If u read the manual for fast chip u need to match these numbers! ie it doesn't matter what the end 2 numbers are!

ITB'd MK1
Having never looked at RStuner, is it just an upload facility for existing maps, or does it give access to the fuel and ignition timing maps for live editing?

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
Ur car will have file 8000 7A** or 78** If u read the manual for fast chip u need to match these numbers! ie it doesn't matter what the end 2 numbers are!

i have read the manual mate. All you need to match is the first number - mine is 8. what im asking is, is there a difference between the two files i can use - i.e. is one Group N and one just for 98 ron fuel and can i run the group N with my limited mods!

If your car has 8000_xxxx software, then you need to upgrade to 8100_xxxx or 8200_xxxx software first. Use 'write ECU' option.
After that you load up the cal corresponding with the first 4 software digits.
Example: 8100_xxxx software NEEDS 8100_xxxx . cal calibration (map).
You can find this in the manual under section '10.2 Which calibration file to use for your car'

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
If your car has 8000_xxxx software, then you need to upgrade to 8100_xxxx or 8200_xxxx software first. Use 'write ECU' option.
After that you load up the cal corresponding with the first 4 software digits.
Example: 8100_xxxx software NEEDS 8100_xxxx . cal calibration (map).
You can find this in the manual under section '10.2 Which calibration file to use for your car'

Thanks mate, the downloads are working on the site now too

Megane 225

i have read the manual mate. All you need to match is the first number - mine is 8. what im asking is, is there a difference between the two files i can use - i.e. is one Group N and one just for 98 ron fuel and can i run the group N with my limited mods!

They are both CAL files! U need rst Files if ur only matchin the 1st number!

Golf GT TDI, IS220d

They are both CAL files! U need rst Files if ur only matchin the 1st number!

I Know! Im talking about after the rst file!

PH1 172 Sport
Use the may2008 .cal its supposed to offer improvements over the feb2008.cal according to some other threads. I dont think there is a groupn remap for the 182.

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
Use the may2008 .cal its supposed to offer improvements over the feb2008.cal according to some other threads. I dont think there is a groupn remap for the 182.

ok thanks mate, that clears it up a bit for me. I'll try one of the two tommorrow afternoon

LY 182
Having never looked at RStuner, is it just an upload facility for existing maps, or does it give access to the fuel and ignition timing maps for live editing?
no its just to load maps on to your ecu mate.

was a bit gutted at that to be honest thought i'd be able to make a map myself

PH1 172 Sport
no its just to load maps on to your ecu mate.

was a bit gutted at that to be honest thought i'd be able to make a map myself

But that would be a risky feature as I doubt many people would have the technical know how to start messing with maps. I'm not saying you wouldn't but a large percentage of the end user (me included) would not have a clue where to begin and im sure those of us that have a tendancy to fiddle with our cars would end up doing some serious damage to the engine.

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
when you want to save the files to the laptop for when you want to do the remap, do you just click on the file then save it? it just seems to save as a web page. Is this ok or am i being stupid?

when you click on the file it just come up as a load of coding. (i would have thought it would ask you if you want to download it?)

ITB'd MK1
lol, it wouldn't be a new thing, plenty of ECU editing programs available for other marques and have been for years. ODB stuff is just harder to access, not like old eprom chipped ECUs. Harder and not as flexible as standalone though

J

jarfun123

I have got a 6400 standard file, i have saved my standard rst file but what should i load now, do i need to load another .rst file first before a .cal file?

PH1 172 Sport
Load the latest .rst file that has the same number at the begining of what you already have. The load whatever .cal file you want after this.

DO NOT load a 7xxx file onto a 6xxx ecu. READ the manual or you could do some serious damage to your car.

J

jarfun123

There are two .rst files begining with 6, which one should i choose?

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
when you want to save the files to the laptop for when you want to do the remap, do you just click on the file then save it? it just seems to save as a web page. Is this ok or am i being stupid?

when you click on the file it just come up as a load of coding. (i would have thought it would ask you if you want to download it?)

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
caister you seem to know alot about this. What do you think about my above post plz? is it the correct way to download the file?

PH1 172 Sport
Dont have mine in front of me but I just clicked read ecu and saved the file that that produced. You dont need to open it or anything once its been done. Your web browser may open the file by default but should be nothing to worry about.

PS : I wont pretend to be an expert I'm just getting all my info from what I read in the manual. If you have any big problems email fastchip as the service they provide is second to none.

Renaultsport Clio 172

Does any one know if this latest may08 cal file keeps the Cruise Control Working? I would like to give it a go

Golf GT TDI, IS220d

Does any one know if this latest may08 cal file keeps the Cruise Control Working? I would like to give it a go

give it a go mate, you can always return to your old setting. Also a few ppl have remaped and cruise control has stopped working - all they did was send an email to henk and he sorted them out with a new file (think they were 172 drivers though)