ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS Tuner overrun map not working

FF Clio Sport 182
As title, I have put the 98 RON map on my 182, how ever, when it comes to putting the overrun calibration file it gets to the end of writing the calibration it fails and totally wipes the ECU, so have to reload the map again. Any ideas why it is doing this?
Thanks.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Did you buy the map second hand? I bought second hand from a member off here and it didn't work either (same result as you), then contacted Henk who confirmed the maps are locked to the programmer/car.

FF Clio Sport 182
The maps were sent to me by a member off here (very kindly!) The 98RON map worked, buy the overrun calibration doesnt? Very strange :(

Overun won't work as they are locked to the to the specific car/vci..

​You need to purchase new from fastchip.

FF Clio Sport 182
Purchased it from Henk at Fastchip today, waiting for the email back from him.
Just a couple of questions, if anyone could shed some light would be much appreciated!

I have lost my cruise control/limiter. I made sure the switch was in the neutral position when connecting the RS Tuner.
Not sure if this has happened to anyone before?
Also, I done a couple of power runs last night using the performance analyzer. Done it in 3rd gear as it says, put the weight of the car to 1100kg, but the results I got are a little worrying... As my car seems to be a little bit quicker than my friends clios in a straight line, the results I got stumped me a little. I'm not doubting the equipment, but has anyone used the performance analyzer before? And if so, what results did you get?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Cruise control will come back on after a few miles /starts.

Never used the performance analyzer but don't beleive it lol.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Also, I done a couple of power runs last night using the performance analyzer. Done it in 3rd gear as it says, put the weight of the car to 1100kg, but the results I got are a little worrying... As my car seems to be a little bit quicker than my friends clios in a straight line, the results I got stumped me a little. I'm not doubting the equipment, but has anyone used the performance analyzer before? And if so, what results did you get?

Thanks.

As stated, CC will return with time, its a bug in the software.

The performance analyser is only good for giving a rough estimate. Its idea for checking if the mod you have put on your car has made any difference, but that's about it. You have to run it level ground and in the same ambient conditions. I think its reads ATW powers (not corrected). This is an example output I got from mine, when on a real dyno its showing 180bhp ATF.

RST1.png

Compared to this one, it would indicate ATW figure is not far off.

rr4.jpg

02 Iceberg 172
Purchased it from Henk at Fastchip today, waiting for the email back from him.
Just a couple of questions, if anyone could shed some light would be much appreciated!

I have lost my cruise control/limiter. I made sure the switch was in the neutral position when connecting the RS Tuner.
Not sure if this has happened to anyone before?

Thanks.

From the Fastchip reprogramming precautions pdf file:

The procedure for resetting the Cruise control/Speed limiter function is as follows:

- Vehicle ignition off, lock, then unlock doors.

- Vehicle ignition on.

- Main switch in rest position. (the computer then detects the rest position)

- Switch in Cruise control position to activate the Cruise control function.

- Switch in Speed limiter position to activate the Speed limiter function.

- Activate steering wheel +/- buttons.

CC will operate again once you do this.

Last edited:
  FF Clio Sport 182
Thanks for the replies! Fatty, that's put my mind at rest, mine was making 102kw and 163nm, but a few of us are going on a dyno day soon!
Krappy, thank you very much! :)

I found that once I had flashed someone else overrun map I could never read my ECU again.... is anyone else experiencing the same thing? I can only load maps on now....

I bought the overrun map in the end but it didnt fix the problem... no replys from Henk at all... 0.

FF Clio Sport 182
All sorted. Purchased the map off Henk. Hahaha I love it!! I got a piper system on my car (wasn't too sure on it) but it sounds mental when it's banging! Best £50 I've ever spent!

FF Clio Sport 182
If the car is on the spot (not moving) it won't rev over 4k? Not sure if this is something new? But seen videos of people revving on the spot to get bangs, but for some reason mine won't? Anyone else have this?

2003 Clio 172
That sounds like launch control tbh

When you get over 10mph i would expect the car to rev normally

That is FAR more useful than farting flames bud. the mean nothing anyway. if i see/hear a Clio doing that when it isn't getting thrashed, i instantly assume it is broken. :)

Flames/bangs when on it = fine
Flames/bangs when in a car park surrounded by girlzors = Max power

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
If the car is on the spot (not moving) it won't rev over 4k? Not sure if this is something new? But seen videos of people revving on the spot to get bangs, but for some reason mine won't? Anyone else have this?

Mine doesn't do this, I can rev all the way upto the limiter when standing still. What have you got turned on/off (speed limiter/cc etc)?

2003 Clio 172
I am fairly sure that Henk did a launch control map.......check the map details with him

​A