ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS Tuner Yes or No?

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Im just worried that the car might not run right, lean etc There must be a drawback at that price. If not though then I may be persuaded!

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
from what i read - no draw backs

just liek a remap from anycomapny

ordered mine 23rd - i am assuming its on its way

172 A Cupwork Orange™
Im just worried that the car might not run right, lean etc There must be a drawback at that price. If not though then I may be persuaded!

if your worried about that, you can get a custom map from henk, you buy the box for roughly about £145 which gives you access to the std 98ron and groupe_n maps etc, but for an extra £30ish you can send logs to henk and he will tweek a map specifically for your car, iv had the groupe_n map running now for a fair few months and have had the car on a roling road twice, overall the car idle's smoother and pulls right thoughout the whole rev range transforms the drivability of the car imo just seems to want to pull constantly

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
How can somebody that 2k miles away tell if your car's running rich lean etc on your say so...

I'd like to see proof of benefits...RR

corsa ecoflex
just had mine done today and its flippin brilliant..best mod ive done so far on the clio....upped the rev limiter to 8k.....mid range is just awesome,well worth the money and easy to setup

Renaultsport Clio 197
i'm trying a 95ron map tonight, if I like it, I'll get a custom one when I get the itg filter and de-cat/exhaust

well worth the money

PH1 172 Sport
How can somebody that 2k miles away tell if your car's running rich lean etc on your say so...

I'd like to see proof of benefits...RR

The software comes with a logging program so you set that running on your laptop whilst its conected to the car and go for a drive. Save the log and email it to Henk. He will tell you if everything looks ok or not.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
mmmm its still sounding good to me. I know where Ali is coming from as well but i've still to read of anyone having any problems with the chip or Henk.

Can you use a iBook, Ive got a desktop but I could nick my mums iBook for it!

ValverInBits
does it cost extra if you want a map for a 172 with some mods?
Ie, 182 manifold, decat, matched plenum and manifold

Rb 182
Nooooooo i dont like the sound of it john! It seems a bad idea, only because yours might be faster then.

Other than that it seems a great mod at a even better price.

My opinion. Dont do it. ;)

My un-biased opinion. BUY IT NOW! :(

Clio Sport 182
So without a custom map can you cahnge the rev limtit yourself. We only get 97 ron over here, could he write a map for that. I was thinking of getting a diagnostic check done on my car anyway as my friend thinks it chugs a bit. I'm told renault charge about £60 just to plug it in to the machine so maybe the money would be better spent on one of these. Thanks.

Renaultsport Clio 197
you can't change the rev limiter yourself.
But you can pay for a custom map with a upped limiter and more suitable for 97 RON.
E-mail henk and he will tell you what logs to make and send it to him.

@Ali, he can tell if you're running lean by looking at your logs.The rstuner monitors A LOT of paramaters while driving...
a few of the basic ones are - fuel trim gain, fuel trim advance, ignition advance, knock correction slow, knock signal average, and a handfull more that I don't even know what they are :approve: