ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS Tuner

Countryman JCW
Does anyone have experience of using an RS Tuner that would be willing to give me a hand with setting it up and using it please PM me... got it all installed on my laptop etc

Thanks

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
The saftware has been installing for about 30 mins now on my laptop?? :dapprove:

Install the software from the website. When I plugged my RSTuner into the laptop the software update screen came on and did pretty much f*ck all as none of my windows drivers worked with it. I just closed it down and installed from the site. It's easy once you're up and running. The email that Henk gives you is pretty self explanatory.

Countryman JCW
Install the software from the website. When I plugged my RSTuner into the laptop the software update screen came on and did pretty much f*ck all as none of my windows drivers worked with it. I just closed it down and installed from the site. It's easy once you're up and running. The email that Henk gives you is pretty self explanatory.

Mine came with the car i bought recently, so had no email or contact details for Henk. Have sorted it all now thanks.

I have mine all working, just flashed the 98RON cal.... Going out for a drive now.. It starts anyway :)

I have a pops and bangs calibration here.... Just not sure it will work though as it was bought by somebody else....

LY 182 & 200
I have mine all working, just flashed the 98RON cal.... Going out for a drive now.. It starts anyway :)

I have a pops and bangs calibration here.... Just not sure it will work though as it was bought by somebody else....

Would avoid the pops and bangs from people on here as there was a recent case of one that bricked someone's ecu. Buy one from fastchip, its only a few quid at the end of the day and will guarantee to work without a problem.

OK, I wish I had read that an hour ago....
I decided to try it anyway... You'll never guess what... yes I had a nice 182 shaped silver brick on the driveway....

With the help of Ross-Lakin I now have my car back... All be it I now have to use a special version of the software or it wont pass the security check.

So DO NOT TRY AND USE SOMEONE ELSE'S POPS AND BANGS MAP!!

Its annoying because it doesn't state anywhere on fastchips site that they are unique.. Neither does it state that it wont work in the software.. It was all ok and green right up until the end when it simply threw a "Write Verification Failed" error flagged up at the end....

Off to pay for it now... :)

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Yeah Henk sends you a map based on the info you send him from your ECU. So one map for someone may well be very different to another guy with the same car spec.