ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS200 "whine" from drivers side of engine?

UR Clio 200
Afternoon all!

Hopefully someone can help, took the RS200 out over the weekend and while parking up heard a "high pitched whine" coming from the drivers side of engine? Did this again on way home but sort of disappeared when applying light throttle.

Car had belt and dephaser done in late 2020 so didnt think would be the issue? weirdly has not happened since saturday :confused:

UR Clio 200
Anyone else offer anymore help? It has returned again tonight on the way home but everytime i stop to see if its a pulley etc it bloomin disappears!

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 197
Are you sure it’s coming from the belt area and not the PCV valve making a noise?
Sounds very similar.

Chocice

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, RSI, 200
Sounds like you need to take apart the breather valve and see if its gummed up, I would think its that.

UR Clio 200
Sounds like you need to take apart the breather valve and see if its gummed up, I would think its that.
Cheers as i had removed it a few weeks ago i went out about 20mins ago and took it off again, there was a bit of oil inside but nothing horrendous.

Will order another tomorrow to replace and see how it goes.

I did manage to get a video, so if anyone can advise how to upload that would be great too!

UR Clio 200
Well..... after having done my usual daily commute i can say no noise....YET! Will see how it goes on my way home tonight but honestly i did nothing other than split it and a quick clean 😂

Chocice

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, RSI, 200
I had the same issue on mine it’s been fine ever since I cleaned it out.