ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RS3 or M4?

Which car

• Rs3

Votes: 40 30.3%
  • M4

Votes: 92 69.7%

• Total voters

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The M4 has a shed value recently. I think the guy I know who just sold his said there were hundreds for sale on AT.

Possibly a good time to buy. I wouldn't buy one personally. Lack something. Possibly just the history.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Audi RS3 (like many fast Audi’s) is just a muscle car. Lovely place to be, but it’s just fast in a straight line. Very different to BMW m range.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
What's the difference between this one to others then mate? I'm new to the BMW world and I've enquired about this one.
Sorry for the late reply but very basically there is some high gloss bits on the outside, 20bhp more to 450bhp in the engine and some fancy seats iirc but please do your own homework or ask @ColinG for a full proper list.

James Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Williams 3 / 172 Cup
I would definitely go for the M2. Perhaps a different price range but I prefer the looks of the M2 and also I would've thought they are more involving/fun to drive, as they are smaller. Havn't drove either so I could be completely wrong, but that's my opinion.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I know people didn't seem to like it when it was mentioned on a different thread, but there's always the RS3 saloon, which I personally think is better! Which is weird because I'm a hot hatch guy through and through...

audi-rs3-saloon-rear.jpg

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
The RS3 does sound better than the M4 imo. But I think the S55 engine in the F82 -M4 sounds very poor. The M4 will be more fun to drive though RWD- AWD every time.

Mk1
You are all wrong other than James Mk1, good work mate.

M2 FTW!

IMO, the RS3 is a great package - but with that it's also soul-less. As great as they are, they can be boring...

So for that reason if it's ONLY between those two, I'd go for the ///M.

TTRS & V50
2 very different cars, like completely different so it entirely depends on what works for you.

I think the M4 is more impressive however, it would be annoying to live with, England is wet and damp a lot, it has tight roads and the M4 will just be painful most of the time. RS3 everytime for me personally, although I do see the hype of the M4.

Edit: And try and get the black optics pack as the silver trims looks awful and if budget allows, get the facelift with virtual cockpit, it will make you happy to drill in that amount of money on a car. Although for that budget, you may have to go for the pre-facelift.

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Ive always been an M3 fan,but then i do like the RS audi’s.
Spotted an RS3 when i was in the lakes,shame there a five door and would be so much better as a 3 door i think.
4F5192B4-A3E7-415F-AEEE-A4EF40D8B9A9.jpeg

F82 M4
Sorry for lack of response guys, been crazy busy! And having loads of fun! ;)

So I picked it up last Wednesday and I must say, what a machine! I can't explain how nice it is, just everything feels so premium. You really can tell that it's technically a £60k+ car.

So it has most of the optional extra's, Harmon Karmon sound, Head's up display, Carbon interior, Carbon rear diffuser, DCT gearbox etc. The only thing it doesn't really have is the rear spoiler, front splitter and reversing camera. I'm definitely getting a rear spoiler though, not too fussed about the other bits. I paid £34,900 and it's done 31,000 miles.

On the road it's crazy. RWD is so arse clenching, makes everything so fun :) I was worried about the sound before buying it but I can honestly say it sounds absolutely incredible, proper throaty and mean. At the end of the day a 3.0 twin turbo never was going to sound too bad :)

Few early pics

bsMXea3.jpg

4m7hzfc.jpg

eZjMXVp.jpg

L9ZPHku.jpg

H7JZghK.jpg

What's the difference between this one to others then mate? I'm new to the BMW world and I've enquired about this one.
The one in that link just has the competition wheels and isn't a competition pack car, which came in later (2016 iirc)

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
No mate not me. Car hasn't moved for 3 days 'cause of the snow :smile:

Ahhhh. Had some pellet giving it large to me last night in traffic in one of these because HE was in the wrong lane and beeped me.